For Sale - 19-inch winter wheel-and-tyre set (inc. TPMS & centre caps)

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
LesThAn<

Post by LesThAn< »

I am selling my 19-inch winter wheel-and-tyre set. Looking for £1,400 (o.n.o.) for the set of four with centre caps & TPMS. RRP £2,313 (without centre caps).

19" 'Turbo' wheels
Dunlop SP Winter Sport 4D (M&S and 'mountain symbol') N0 winter tyres bought from and fitted by Porsche Guildford.
Includes TPMS and wheel hub covers.
Very lightly used. Great condition. Ceramic coated.
Tread depths are 7mm all round.
Excellent condition as per pictures. Fits both Gen 2 and 3.
Selling as I no longer have the vehicle (Gen 2 GTS).
Collection from storage in W3 just off the A40.
https://tequipment-finder.porsche.com/u ... 170068A015

Let me know if you would like any more information.

1.jpeg

6.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

trialframe

Post by trialframe »

PM sent
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Back in the day when tyre balancing was done manually with a spirit bubble I was told that you positioned the dot in the sidewall on the valve as it compensated for the weight of the valve and used less weights. Looking at the photos it seems that with electronic balancing that no longer happens. In which case why do manufacturers still bother with the dot?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:09 pm Back in the day when tyre balancing was done manually with a spirit bubble I was told that you positioned the dot in the sidewall on the valve as it compensated for the weight of the valve and used less weights. Looking at the photos it seems that with electronic balancing that no longer happens. In which case why do manufacturers still bother with the dot?
I was always told that the dot equated to the heaviest part of the tyre somehow and was placed either next to the valve or opposite (don't remember exactly which way round)
LesThAn<

Post by LesThAn< »

trialframe wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:18 amPM sent
Yes they are.

I have replied by PM.

Thank you.
LesThAn<

Post by LesThAn< »

MooseMiller wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:13 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:09 pm Back in the day when tyre balancing was done manually with a spirit bubble I was told that you positioned the dot in the sidewall on the valve as it compensated for the weight of the valve and used less weights. Looking at the photos it seems that with electronic balancing that no longer happens. In which case why do manufacturers still bother with the dot?
I was always told that the dot equated to the heaviest part of the tyre somehow and was placed either next to the valve or opposite (don't remember exactly which way round)
I suppose if it was the heaviest part it would be opposite. But as you said, Bluenose, no one ever seems to bother these days, and Porsche who installed these tyres certainly didn't bother. I haven't met a fitter in decades who has even considered this, and you'd think it would be in their interest to save som costs on weights, no matter how little they cost them. Interesting though.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

When radial tyres first came along (until then it was only crossply) the heavy join of the tread cap caused balance issues. This being the heavy point with the overlap edge. So the paint red spot was / is applied to the position opposite - 180 degrees. The recommendation was / is to fit the tyre with the red spot adjacent to the tyre valve of the wheel. In theory this being the lightest part of the wheel. Bearing in mind that this was in the era of the (crude) flat table bubble balancing machines.

Today's very sophisticated computerised and extremely accurate tyre balancing machines negate this need.

Just as well with alloys up to 25" in diameter with ultra wide and low tyres!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:33 am When radial tyres first came along (until then it was only crossply) the heavy join of the tread cap caused balance issues. This being the heavy point with the overlap edge. So the paint red spot was / is applied to the position opposite - 180 degrees. The recommendation was / is to fit the tyre with the red spot adjacent to the tyre valve of the wheel. In theory this being the lightest part of the wheel. Bearing in mind that this was in the era of the (crude) flat table bubble balancing machines.
Thanks for that Steve, these nuggets of information make all the posts of waffle and indecision bearable! Also too me back to buying remould crossplies for my Mini 1000 at about a fiver a go. How times change, no change from a grand at best now. 😭
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Could have done with them. Currently in the Lakes and completely snowed in. Abandoned cars everywhere.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Neil1911 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:43 am
SAC1 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:33 am When radial tyres first came along (until then it was only crossply) the heavy join of the tread cap caused balance issues. This being the heavy point with the overlap edge. So the paint red spot was / is applied to the position opposite - 180 degrees. The recommendation was / is to fit the tyre with the red spot adjacent to the tyre valve of the wheel. In theory this being the lightest part of the wheel. Bearing in mind that this was in the era of the (crude) flat table bubble balancing machines.
Thanks for that Steve, these nuggets of information make all the posts of waffle and indecision bearable! Also too me back to buying remould crossplies for my Mini 1000 at about a fiver a go. How times change, no change from a grand at best now. 😭
I used to scrub through those 10" Mini remoulds every 5k. I suppose squirting Redex on them to generate wheel spin smoke didn't help :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479