Macan Turbo for sale 2018/18

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
jonnykk

Post by jonnykk »

Hi all,

I’m listing my Macan Turbo on here as we will be looking to order a new GTS however not until late 23/24 as I’d like to get one of the last ICE Macan before they’re finally discontinued and with such a wait ahead of me I wanted to go into the new Macan with a totally fresh experience rather than just swap from my Turbo which I will have had for nearly 4/5 years by that time so I will probably just get myself a little runaround to keep me going till the GTS arrives.

The Volcano Grey Turbo has covered 33,000 miles and has one previous owner prior to myself. It has a FPSH the last being April and will be sold with a twelve month MOT (due June 16th). The vehicle comes with BOSE, panoramic sunroof, 18 way seats, black leather and all usual Turbo options. A full listing will probably appear on Autotrader at some point but initially I thought I’d see what, if any, interest I receive from this forum.
If anyone has any questions or requires any additional information or pictures then please let me know but initially I’ve attached a few photos. Please note the vehicle is currently on a cherished number and the plate in the pictures is not currently on the vehicle.

Price wise I would be looking at £47,500 which I believe is a realistic figure bearing in mind the current marketplace and what similar age/spec examples are fetching but like everything I’m open to a little negotiation.

Any thoughts/comments most welcome.
Thanks for reading.
Jon

60CC5EA0-DC8B-4A74-8CA3-5F2C1983635D.jpeg

48FADF8C-D936-432D-9C9E-6D5857CDA3EE.jpeg

E614032F-7EC3-4088-B77E-51B027665026.jpeg

0FBEA9D4-AC2D-4B8A-BBCB-7174DEC98817.jpeg

GTS deposit paid - still playing around with configuration!!
Current - Macan Turbo 2018/18 Volcano Grey
Previous - Cayman GTS - 2019 Miami Blue
Others - RRS, Audi S5, Audi S3, Mini JCW, Nissan 350Z, Nissan 200SX

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nice looking Turbo. Good luck with its sale. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
jonnykk

Post by jonnykk »

Hi All..
I'm just wondering if I'm missing something in my endeavor to sell my Macan Turbo? Having had zero response to an add on AT and just a single reply on here (Thanks WC!) I'm just a little unsure whether the demand for second hand Macan's is actually that strong? Also, wondering whether the various reliability issues, frequently mentioned on here, are actually putting people off (see warranty comment below)?
Don't get me wrong I do realise, especially in the worsening economic climate, that a 40/50k second hand vehicle may not be the top of most peoples priorities right now but looking through current pricing for similar cars I did find my pricing reasonable so was expecting a bit of interest, even from the tyre kickers, or even an optimistic 'dealer' looking to knock off at least 10/15% from the asking price!
A quick look at AT shows 2017 plate Private examples going for between 38/46k and Trade around 52/56k. Mine being a 2018 I thought 47k (open to negotiation!) to be a reasonable price for a well specced FSH Macan? If you then look at the later spec 2019 models then you're looking at 70k plus so again, a considerable saving for a vehicle which, lets be honest, has hardly changed cosmetically since it was first introduced. Stick a private plate on one and I probably wouldn't be able to guess the model or year other than the tail lights.
My next issue would be the warranty. I appreciate buying from a dealer with a 12/24 month warranty is appealing however as mine was purchased through a non-franchise dealer the warranty has now expired. The question I do ask myself especially seeing so many comments on here regarding the importance of buying with a warranty would be 'should I really be buying a car when so much emphasis is placed on making sure it's under warranty!'....I would be seriously questioning the manufacturers reliability. I have spoken to Porsche regarding getting a warranty and although possible, the cost is significant, which I'm loathe to spend should it not result in at least a few more enquiries. I would happily discount the price of the car should someone want to go the same route and get the official Porsche warranty as opposed to the generic online warranty providers.
Not sure where I'm really going with this 'rant' other than to say I really don't want to have to part-ex (Defender 90 on order - delivery early 23!) and get stiffed by the JLR dealer/WBAC/Motorway/CarWow etc. as I truly love driving this car and just hoped there would be someone out there who would love it just as much as me and, warranty aside (solveable issue), can see the financial benefit against a dealer purchase.......give it a month after it eventually gets p/x'd and you can have it with the Porsche warranty...and a hefty increase in price!

Thanks for reading. Any thoughts or comments on trying to sell privately in the current climate would be greatly appreciated.
Jon
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Why not put it on Motorway and see what offers come in? I'm assured its v easy to do, the App holds your hand on every step and you don't have to accept any of the offers made. This is what I'll be doing in a couple of months time.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
jonnykk

Post by jonnykk »

Hi Neil,

I did try Motorway back in June and they were looking at around 38k! Knowing what a dealer will then mark this up by for merely a quick mechanical inspection (the vehicle was serviced in April, MOT'd in June) and with no bodywork, tyres etc required it would be a simple valet and to issue a warranty, it just feels like robbery to let it go for such a paltry figure.
I'm even having 2nd thoughts now on the Defender as, with no discounts available, I think with the current economic climate there will be a massive correction in new/used car prices over the next few months/years which will make the loss on the Macan seem paltry in comparison.
I may just end up running it for another couple of years...after all it's not a bad little car is it??

Cheers,
Jon
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

jonnykk wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:30 pm Hi Neil,

I did try Motorway back in June and they were looking at around 38k! Knowing what a dealer will then mark this up by for merely a quick mechanical inspection (the vehicle was serviced in April, MOT'd in June) and with no bodywork, tyres etc required it would be a simple valet and to issue a warranty, it just feels like robbery to let it go for such a paltry figure.
I'm even having 2nd thoughts now on the Defender as, with no discounts available, I think with the current economic climate there will be a massive correction in new/used car prices over the next few months/years which will make the loss on the Macan seem paltry in comparison.
I may just end up running it for another couple of years...after all it's not a bad little car is it??

Cheers,
Jon
Motorway gave me a price on my Jag and then when the bids came in I was offered significantly more by a dealer. You do need to go through the whole process to get the best result I think.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
GWL

Post by GWL »

If you're going to keep it - get a warranty
If you're going to sell it - get a warranty

In 2019 I bought a 2015 Macan Turbo with 24k miles and 6 month's warranty from a private dealer. I extended the (non-Porsche) warranty by 3 years at a cost of £1550. The car has now done 45k miles.
The sort of issues a Macan buyer will have in mind are :
  • Transfer box (mine's been ok so far)
  • Timing chain cover oil-leak (just had this done at OPC, changing the bolts sorted it, £1200. If leak had persisted, next step was engine out, £8k)
  • Front Drive shafts/CV joints failing (had this done at OPC, £1600)
  • Check sunroof drains & carry out "modification" £300 (I'd had no water ingress problem but it was strongly recommended as I was going to take out another warranty)
  • New brake-pads & discs all-round (had this done last year, £2k)
My warrant paid for the drive-shafts. Ironically the oil-leak would have been paid for only if the engine had to come out.
Also, in my just over 3yrs of ownership I've averaged 22mpg using Super-unleaded which is now £2 a litre.

On Monday, I took out a Porsche warranty which cost £320 for the 111 point check plus £1520 for 2 years warranty. (I was also told my oil-leak problem would have been paid for with the Porsche warranty, engine out or not)

I may change the car in the next year or so, but at least I & the next owner (if I sell privately) will have peace of mind. (If I trade the car in I get a pro-rata rebate on the warranty)

Sorry the above is a bit long winded, but it may give you some insight into what potential buyers are thinking when it comes to price.
Last edited by GWL on Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
jonnykk

Post by jonnykk »

Thanks Jon/GWL,
Jon A....I may give Mway another shout although the bids would have to increase quite a bit to make it worth my while. I'm sure there's a private buyer out there somewhere and tbf, although I bought from a non-franchise dealer, I didn't even ask about a warranty and certainly didn't check this forum beforehand otherwise I may not even be in this position.
Bloody hell GWL....I definitely think I'll get shot now!!
I've already had the timing chain issue sorted and covered under the last remaining months of manufacturers warranty so I definitely dodged a bullet there. It's due to go for an interim 40k PDK service at some point in the next twelve months so I'll probably look at getting a warranty in place at the same time.

Looking on the bright side. If I do manage to sell the 'problematic' Macan at least I'll be buying into the ultra reliable JLR brand!!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Which Defender are you looking at Jonny? I'm loving mine and, fingers crossed and touching wood, has been reliable so far. Hope that doesn't prove a daft thing to say! Let me know if you have any Defender questions and I'll see if I can help.

It's a while ago but I sold my Turbo back to the supplying dealer last August for £47k. It was a Sept '16 car with only 15k on the clock and was like new. It had the Tx box done just before they took it. They were the best offer out of all the usual suspects I tried. Probably the market has shifted a bit since then.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

jonnykk wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:19 pm Thanks Jon/GWL,
Jon A....I may give Mway another shout although the bids would have to increase quite a bit to make it worth my while. I'm sure there's a private buyer out there somewhere and tbf, although I bought from a non-franchise dealer, I didn't even ask about a warranty and certainly didn't check this forum beforehand otherwise I may not even be in this position.
Bloody hell GWL....I definitely think I'll get shot now!!
I've already had the timing chain issue sorted and covered under the last remaining months of manufacturers warranty so I definitely dodged a bullet there. It's due to go for an interim 40k PDK service at some point in the next twelve months so I'll probably look at getting a warranty in place at the same time.

Looking on the bright side. If I do manage to sell the 'problematic' Macan at least I'll be buying into the ultra reliable JLR brand!!
I had an Fpace with no problems whatsoever. A friend of mine has just rejected and returned her second JLR car - first a discovery and a few weeks ago, a RR sport because the electrics switched off when she went around a bend!!
I think the RR models are shocking quality control to be honest but Jag May be a little better with Landrover somewhere in between. Shame as the new defender looks an absolute beauty.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0