Macan S Diesel For Sale. 2017, Sapphire Blue

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
aml50

Post by aml50 »

A

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Haha. 5 random messages so you could send a private message. Talk tomorrow
Hauns4

Post by Hauns4 »

I just joined forum as I am searching exactly for Macan - please PM me. Hannes
Macan S Diesel, 2017
black
20in
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Have sent pm
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

My new car build got put back by 2 weeks so this is still available and hasn’t gone to a dealer yet. Pictures on page 2. Looking for £35k (which is what Cazoo have valued it)
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

It is now sold. In the end the Cazoo price suddenly dropped so I tried it on Motorway which ended up giving the best price.

For anyone who hasn't used the service I can honestly say it was pretty hassle-free. List the car and get an initial price. Then take photos - you will need to do this on a smartphone using the link they send you. There is then a phone call you need to make which takes about 30-40 minutes in which you can tell them all of the extras on your car. This all gets put together and goes in an auction the following day. I think dealers then bid (probably a bit like ebay) and then at about 3pm they email you a link to see the best offer. You accept or reject it. In my case the bid was over £2000 higher than the initial estimate, so don't be put off by that figure, especially if you have a nice spec car.

Once I had accepted the offer the dealer rang me about 10 minutes later to arrange for someone to pick up the car 2 days later. He came on the train and I collected him from the station. Spent a few minutes having a careful look round the car. No issues so he phoned back to base and they transferred the agreed sum. Then he left with my car. Very sad day. :cry:

Looking forward, the new car is (I hope) on a ship right now about to dock in Sheerness. So hopefully will get it in early January. Fingers crossed. Otherwise I will be driving my son's old Astra for a bit longer than hoped!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Good news, Ian. It does indeed sound like a pretty trouble-free way to sell. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Ian.g wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:31 pm It is now sold. In the end the Cazoo price suddenly dropped so I tried it on Motorway which ended up giving the best price.

For anyone who hasn't used the service I can honestly say it was pretty hassle-free. List the car and get an initial price. Then take photos - you will need to do this on a smartphone using the link they send you. There is then a phone call you need to make which takes about 30-40 minutes in which you can tell them all of the extras on your car. This all gets put together and goes in an auction the following day. I think dealers then bid (probably a bit like ebay) and then at about 3pm they email you a link to see the best offer. You accept or reject it. In my case the bid was over £2000 higher than the initial estimate, so don't be put off by that figure, especially if you have a nice spec car.

Once I had accepted the offer the dealer rang me about 10 minutes later to arrange for someone to pick up the car 2 days later. He came on the train and I collected him from the station. Spent a few minutes having a careful look round the car. No issues so he phoned back to base and they transferred the agreed sum. Then he left with my car. Very sad day. :cry:

Looking forward, the new car is (I hope) on a ship right now about to dock in Sheerness. So hopefully will get it in early January. Fingers crossed. Otherwise I will be driving my son's old Astra for a bit longer than hoped!
I sold my wife’s Mini via Wizzle and my Boxster T via Motorway. Both operate the same way and was painless. Do bear in mind though that the dealer will be paying a commission to Wizzle or Motorway of about £600 so you could do better by approaching dealers directly.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great to get a hassle free sale :D :D
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:19 pm
Ian.g wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:31 pm It is now sold. In the end the Cazoo price suddenly dropped so I tried it on Motorway which ended up giving the best price.

I sold my wife’s Mini via Wizzle and my Boxster T via Motorway. Both operate the same way and was painless. Do bear in mind though that the dealer will be paying a commission to Wizzle or Motorway of about £600 so you could do better by approaching dealers directly.
Of course. But selling like this removes the hassle. How many dealers would I have had to contact to get the same price? If I have paid only £600 to avoid a shed load of hassle and wasted time then it was worth every penny!