Time to sell the 911

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

Thanks all.
I have currently signed up to Wizzle & Motorway and will see how that goes.
I still have 9 months of extended warranty left on the car, and understand that if I sell to a dealer/trader Porsche will regard the warranty as void. Is this true, and if so I will try claim the outstanding months back from Porsche. Anyone know how easy/difficult this might be?

MH82

Post by MH82 »

stallturn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:48 pm Thanks all.
I still have 9 months of extended warranty left on the car, and understand that if I sell to a dealer/trader Porsche will regard the warranty as void. Is this true, and if so I will try claim the outstanding months back from Porsche. Anyone know how easy/difficult this might be?
As long as you’ve had no warranty work done then this is possible, as it’s basically like an insurance policy.

I sold to a dealer and had 8 months left, but had had over £20k worth of warranty work done
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

My Macan warranty if transferable to a new owner except for a Porsche centre. It can transfer to a private owner or a dealer I think. Maybe you should dig it out and check the small print. 9 month warranty will be a big selling point I expect
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I had a similar situation and I did claim a refund for the remainder of my extended warranty from Porsche after I sold the car to RSJ. I got the money back eventually, but it took about 12 months and was a LOT of hassle. My local OPC were of zero help too. I had to deal directly with Porsche and they were a nightmare to deal with.

Extended warranties can only transfer in a private sale. Unless it's changed since. This was about 5 years ago.
kamranj

Post by kamranj »

Sent you dm mate as am looking for a 991.2
JS18GTS

Post by JS18GTS »

Another one here for cazoo. Sold our Gts yesterday. £4.5k better than Opc and £2k better than Wizzle.
Unbelievable but I put our new car in and they offered £3k more than I paid for that as well 😁
kamranj

Post by kamranj »

kamranj wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:47 pm Sent you dm mate as am looking for a 991.2
I should say i have tried to send you a PM, but it seems to be stuck in the outbox! anyone know how to release it?
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

kamranj wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:28 am
kamranj wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:47 pm Sent you dm mate as am looking for a 991.2
I should say i have tried to send you a PM, but it seems to be stuck in the outbox! anyone know how to release it?
If it's the same as others sites, it will stay in your outbox until the recipient reads it.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Rashg60

Post by Rashg60 »

Peteski wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:16 pm
I had a similar situation and I did claim a refund for the remainder of my extended warranty from Porsche after I sold the car to RSJ. I got the money back eventually, but it took about 12 months and was a LOT of hassle. My local OPC were of zero help too. I had to deal directly with Porsche and they were a nightmare to deal with.

Extended warranties can only transfer in a private sale. Unless it's changed since. This was about 5 years ago.
I had extended warranty on my RR Evoque and sold it with JLR warranty remaining. It was a simple phone call to the warranty company and they refunded the remaining months back to me quite quickly.
Own:
19 Porsche Macan 2.0
15 Audi RS3
15 Audi A1 1.4 TFSI
Ex:
19 Jag E-Pace R-Dynamic S
15 RR Evoque Dynamic
06 VW Golf GTI
05 Audi TT 3.2 V6
00 Audi TT 1.8T
91 VW Corrado G60
86 Pug 205 1.9 GTI