Time to sell the 911

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

I'm lucky enough to have 2 Porsche's - the Macan & a 911 (991.2 C2S), but the time has come to regretfully sell the 911. I'm just not doing the mileage, and the Macan will have to provide the smiles per mile.
Can someone remind me of the modern options, apart from Autotrader? I have had a top-level valuation from Webuyanycar and Motorway (almost identical, so I assume they are owned by the same company).
What other effective alternatives are out there?

Thanks

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Motorway is not connected to WBAC, they run a daily auction and you decide whether you want to accept the best bid or not - you are also better able to describe the car and add a lot more photos with Motorway. Motorway always seems to better WBAC by a few £ks too, based on searches/reading i did prior to selling my 987S via them (at £2.3k better than WBAC).

WBAC are owned by British Car Auctions , who also own cinch so no guessing where the majority of their purchase go.

Advertising on pistonheads website used to be free, so another option over Autotrader

Calling a few OPCs is also another option - you may find an offer that appeals.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Try Cazoo also 👍
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
MH82

Post by MH82 »

stallturn wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:46 pm I'm lucky enough to have 2 Porsche's - the Macan & a 911 (991.2 C2S), but the time has come to regretfully sell the 911. I'm just not doing the mileage, and the Macan will have to provide the smiles per mile.
Can someone remind me of the modern options, apart from Autotrader? I have had a top-level valuation from Webuyanycar and Motorway (almost identical, so I assume they are owned by the same company).

Thanks
Having recently sold a 911 I’d recommend contacting the various buyers at all OPCs and then also the main independents. I ended up selling to RSJ in slough who offered me the best money.
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

MH82 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:15 pm
stallturn wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:46 pm I'm lucky enough to have 2 Porsche's - the Macan & a 911 (991.2 C2S), but the time has come to regretfully sell the 911. I'm just not doing the mileage, and the Macan will have to provide the smiles per mile.

Thanks
Having recently sold a 911 I’d recommend contacting the various buyers at all OPCs and then also the main independents. I ended up selling to RSJ in slough who offered me the best money.
I actually sold my Macan S last week to Cazoo. I didn't even know they brought cars until a friend said. they were over £3k more than Motorway, £5k over WBAC and over £6.5K on OPC worth a try. Good luck
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

+1 for Cazoo offered more than WBAC and motorway.

There was absolutely no tyre kicking or trying to chip us down like WBAC and payment was made instantly.

May not be applicable but they will not buy any cars that have outstanding finance.

Strangely they are owned by the same group as BCA and Cinch.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Wizzle usually gets good comments too, works similar yo Motorway as I understand it.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

As Neil stated Wizzle also good, sold two a few months back very easy to deal with. Same method set up as Motorway.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Try Matthew Gill at Prestige Performance Yorkshire, who bought my previous Audi Q5....excellent service and competitive price 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

MH82 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:15 pm I ended up selling to RSJ in slough who offered me the best money.
Same here, RSJ offered me £6k more than the OPC I bought it from. It was a painless transaction too and they didn't even attempt to reduce their offer on inspection.