Mamba Green turbo

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Good morning guys/ladies

Been lurking on here for a while trying to gain some knowledge, think it's worked.

I was originally after a 911 991.2 in lava orange, boy are those hard to find (I have seen a stunning GTS on here and would love it!!) but may have changed my mind to a Macan Gen2 turbo now to help get the parents around.
Me and the wife love Mamba Green, but these seem to be as rare as Lava orange is on the 911.

If anyone has one, or knows of one that might be coming up for sale, would appreciate a heads up.
Also really like carmine red but fancied a different colour after selling our RS6 last year.
Looking forward to Porsche ownership after having Audis for the last 16 years. Have seen a member on here who was also on the Audi forums, it was his posts that helped me make my mind up in getting a Porsche.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Dunc
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Two non-Turbo Gen 2 Macans in Lava Green on Autotrader. Assume you've seen and discounted them

I too had Audis for 15 or so years, last was an RS4 in Suzuka Grey. I miss the sound and the looks (and with hindsight the semi-sensible service costs of the Audis) but the Macan rides and steers better than any of the Audis and its a very nice car to be in

Some chat on here (and not because I have one) that the GTS is more sporting than the Turbo in Gen 2 guise so you might want to consider a GTS? Digressing but I'm keen to try the Gen 2 vs Gen 1 GTS. My car has a 3.0 lump; the newer cars a 2.9 engine similar to the B9 RS4 and I thought the engine in the RS4 loaner I had was superb
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Mamba is very marmite hence they are very rare. Not many are brave enough.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Welcome

Who did you know then.....

Probably a tricky one to find. It was launch colour so suspect some ordered it then but the turbo didn’t come out for some time after that so maybe it died off a bit?

I like it to be honest and have seen a Panny in that colour and it looks lovely.

Good luck !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Madelvic wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:52 pm Two non-Turbo Gen 2 Macans in Lava Green on Autotrader. Assume you've seen and discounted them

I too had Audis for 15 or so years, last was an RS4 in Suzuka Grey. I miss the sound and the looks (and with hindsight the semi-sensible service costs of the Audis) but the Macan rides and steers better than any of the Audis and its a very nice car to be in

Some chat on here (and not because I have one) that the GTS is more sporting than the Turbo in Gen 2 guise so you might want to consider a GTS? Digressing but I'm keen to try the Gen 2 vs Gen 1 GTS. My car has a 3.0 lump; the newer cars a 2.9 engine similar to the B9 RS4 and I thought the engine in the RS4 loaner I had was superb
Cheers for the reply.

Yeah, I've seen the ones on autotrader but really want want a Turbo or a GTS. I'm coming from a 500bhp RS6 so really want something that can try and fill that void.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Tracky wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:55 pm Welcome

Probably a tricky one to find. It was launch colour so suspect some ordered it then but the turbo didn’t come out for some time after that so maybe it died off a bit?

I like it to be honest and have seen a Panny in that colour and it looks lovely.

Good luck !
It was you, I haven't met you though unless I had at some Audi meets?

I've seen Mamba on a Panny in the flesh also and it's a cracking colour. Reading through various Porsche owner sites there have been a few Mamba green Turbos, but as said before, it's a brave choice.

The prices on the Porsche network are all over the place, Wolverhampton have a 1 owner turbo at £89k!?
I specced one myself with silly options and it came to £83k.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:44 pm
Tracky wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:55 pm Welcome

Good luck !
It was you, I haven't met you though unless I had at some Audi meets?

I've seen Mamba on a Panny in the flesh also and it's a cracking colour. Reading through various Porsche owner sites there have been a few Mamba green Turbos, but as said before, it's a brave choice.

The prices on the Porsche network are all over the place, Wolverhampton have a 1 owner turbo at £89k!?
I specced one myself with silly options and it came to £83k.
😏
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I was just looking at the Green Ss. They do look nice.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

It seems to work really well on this shape imo.

I just seem to like colours that most don't, like my Misano RS6.
Now, if the owner of the Lava orange 991.2 GTS on here decided he wanted to sell at a reasonable price, that would sort my problems out, parents would have to Uber around :D
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Had a 2L Macan loaner in Mamba. Thought it looked liked the dog's dangly bits but decided it was not a colour I could live with long term.

Macan MG.jpg

IMHO it's only in a drag race that the Turbo out performs the GTS. On the road, the GTS suspension will win out. Presumably if you're not worried about warranty you could have a GTS remapped to match the Turbo output as it's basically the same engine.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel