Mamba Green turbo

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Paul wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:18 pm
Tracky wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:42 am Good choice ! 😏
710DDCF9-4E68-4F40-A69C-09193E841918.jpeg920F2575-D967-416D-ADAA-A035A4E0DE71.jpeg
Reims?
(Guex)
Yup!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Rarecolour wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm Well, looks like I've been overruled. The wife asked all the family and all her friends, 90% say get the blue, so looks like it's going to be Sapphire blue. I'm not too fussed, cause the blue looks superb on the Macan as well.

Seems this will be the build - http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTUZ568
That build closed now?
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

jaffacake wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:15 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm Well, looks like I've been overruled. The wife asked all the family and all her friends, 90% say get the blue, so looks like it's going to be Sapphire blue. I'm not too fussed, cause the blue looks superb on the Macan as well.

Seems this will be the build - http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTUZ568
That build closed now?
Got the call with Porsche at 9 in the morning to finalise the spec. As soon as we come of the call, he said it won't be able to be changed.
Wife isn't sure if we need the surround cameras? We've got just the reverse down, think it should be enough.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

Depends on what you’re used to and whether you appreciate (or OCD) being able to see your exactly placement within a bay or road markings. I find it useful because people double park on the road when pulling off my drive and it just gives piece of mind and no guesswork when navigating out. Can also be useful for pulling out of blind bends. Having it mapped to the diamond button on the steering wheel is incredible handy too. Reversible cams for me are common and minimum expectation across most cars these days so for the relatively small price difference I’d add surround cam and add a useful feature but also what could be a differentiating feature come sale time.
Sure lots of people would say otherwise and it all adds up.

Good luck.
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Rarecolour wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:46 pm Got the call with Porsche at 9 in the morning to finalise the spec. As soon as we come of the call, he said it won't be able to be changed.
Wife isn't sure if we need the surround cameras? We've got just the reverse down, think it should be enough.
I was going to ask if you were going to use the roof rails? A lot of money for a cosmetic thing, but the value of that is entirely subjective.

I was going to suggest surround cameras, they really do work very well. Also keyless entry is a massive improvement and can't be added later.

Finally, if you ever might need a tow bar, it's less than half price on a new car versus adding later. £1800 to retrofit.

Just my 2p
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

dangezza wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:11 pm Depends on what you’re used to and whether you appreciate (or OCD) being able to see your exactly placement within a bay or road markings. I find it useful because people double park on the road when pulling off my drive and it just gives piece of mind and no guesswork when navigating out. Can also be useful for pulling out of blind bends. Having it mapped to the diamond button on the steering wheel is incredible handy too. Reversible cams for me are common and minimum expectation across most cars these days so for the relatively small price difference I’d add surround cam and add a useful feature but also what could be a differentiating feature come sale time.
Sure lots of people would say otherwise and it all adds up.

Good luck.

We didn't have a camera on the RS6 and she did alright in it, but I've put one on my works Merc sprinter and it's amazing when reverse around corners. We can really see the benifits of the surround, but not sure how often she'd use it.
Will have a think about it 👍🏻
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

jaffacake wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:21 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:46 pm Got the call with Porsche at 9 in the morning to finalise the spec. As soon as we come of the call, he said it won't be able to be changed.
I was going to ask if you were going to use the roof rails? A lot of money for a cosmetic thing, but the value of that is entirely subjective.

I was going to suggest surround cameras, they really do work very well. Also keyless entry is a massive improvement and can't be added later.

Finally, if you ever might need a tow bar, it's less than half price on a new car versus adding later. £1800 to retrofit.

Just my 2p
I love the look of the roof rails, possibly won't ever use them but think it makes a big difference to the look of the car. Is it strange that i think it makes the car look even more sporty???

Keyless entry, I'm not a huge fan of the idea of it. Just heard bad stories of cars being stolen with the tech. And unfortunately there are a lot of jealous scumbags in this world who think it's ok to steal someone's pride and joy cause they're too lazy to get a job (thief doesn't count a s a job to me).

Tow bar, I'm lucky I have a works van so anything big that needs moving or if there's a lot of stuff, we use the van.

Driving around Wales/ Shrewsbury today, it seemed like half the cars I saw were blue, making me want Mamba just to be different.
The wife has asked all her friends (I have none) and all my family, 5 say green and about 40 have said blue.
Might even toss a coin tonight to decide :P
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
dangezza

Post by dangezza »

[/quote]

We didn't have a camera on the RS6 and she did alright in it, but I've put one on my works Merc sprinter and it's amazing when reverse around corners. We can really see the benifits of the surround, but not sure how often she'd use it.
Will have a think about it 👍🏻
[/quote]

Understand where you’re coming from. I never had a reverse camera up until maybe 4 years ago but wouldn’t buy a car without one now. In fact when it came to selling I had two buyers refuse it because they were used to a reverse cam. With regards to surround, it only improves on what the reverse cam offers and I think I’d feel the same when looking for my next car unless it ticked every other box I’m looking for. Especially as by then, it’ll be standard on a
As for usage, it comes on automatically whenever your front end comes within a short distance of an obstacle . I use it in the supermarket car park to make sure I’m optimally placed to reduce the risk of a ding. Although this usage case less so as I’m more likely to park far away from anyone in an end space. Sod’s law 99% of the time you come out and some muppet is next to you.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I’ve only got rear cameras on both of ours.

Had surround on our leaf and I didn’t find it overly helpful because I can see forwards and to the left and right of me....
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Tracky wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:53 am I’ve only got rear cameras on both of ours.

Had surround on our leaf and I didn’t find it overly helpful because I can see forwards and to the left and right of me....
How'd ya do that? Like, moving your head side to side kinda jobby? ;)
Pretty sure we won't be adding it.

We did flip a coin last night for the colour, kept coming up for green.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)