Mamba Green turbo

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:37 am
Tracky wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:53 am I’ve only got rear cameras on both of ours.

Had surround on our leaf and I didn’t find it overly helpful because I can see forwards and to the left and right of me....
How'd ya do that? Like, moving your head side to side kinda jobby? ;)
Pretty sure we won't be adding it.

We did flip a coin last night for the colour, kept coming up for green.
I know - I’ve only been driving 25 years or so but I think I’ve sussed it now

Oh god, poor you in colour. I seem to be seeing a run of blues around us at the minute and not seen a green one on the road so....
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Rarecolour wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:46 pm
Got the call with Porsche at 9 in the morning to finalise the spec. As soon as we come of the call, he said it won't be able to be changed.
Wife isn't sure if we need the surround cameras? We've got just the reverse down, think it should be enough.
Since this post above, you've written a number showing that you're still undecided. Not meaning to be rude but didn't you believe the salesman from your OPC when he said that the spec could no longer be changed?

In terms of spec changes, lockdown usually means exactly what it says.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Rarecolour wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:15 pm I love the look of the roof rails, possibly won't ever use them but think it makes a big difference to the look of the car. Is it strange that i think it makes the car look even more sporty???
I don't see how a roof rack can ever look sporty but it's entirely subjective. if you like them, it's your car, I'd see the money better spent elsewhere - like surround cameras. No doubt it looks different, for sure.
Keyless entry, I'm not a huge fan of the idea of it. Just heard bad stories of cars being stolen with the tech. And unfortunately there are a lot of jealous scumbags in this world who think it's ok to steal someone's pride and joy cause they're too lazy to get a job (thief doesn't count a s a job to me).
Keyless entry is no longer insecure, that's a thing of the past. Porsche with keyless entry is just as secure as without.
Tow bar, I'm lucky I have a works van so anything big that needs moving or if there's a lot of stuff, we use the van.
it's bike racks and caravans that are the main use. If it doesn't apply, save your money. I assumed with the roof rails you might be carrying something.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

On-Track wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:49 am
Got the call with Porsche at 9 in the morning to finalise the spec. As soon as we come of the call, he said it won't be able to be changed.
Wife isn't sure if we need the surround cameras? We've got just the reverse down, think it should be enough.
Since this post above, you've written a number showing that you're still undecided. Not meaning to be rude but didn't you believe the salesman from your OPC when he said that the spec could no longer be changed?

I didn't take you as being rude, but it was 9am THIS morning, today ;)
Although, he did actually say on the call this morning that we now have till 11am monday before spec will be locked.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

jaffacake wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:20 am
Rarecolour wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:15 pm I love the look of the roof rails, possibly won't ever use them but think it makes a big difference to the look of the car. Is it strange that i think it makes the car look even more sporty???
I don't see how a roof rack can ever look sporty but it's entirely subjective. if you like them, it's your car, I'd see the money better spent elsewhere - like surround cameras. No doubt it looks different, for sure.
Keyless entry, I'm not a huge fan of the idea of it. Just heard bad stories of cars being stolen with the tech. And unfortunately there are a lot of jealous scumbags in this world who think it's ok to steal someone's pride and joy cause they're too lazy to get a job (thief doesn't count a s a job to me).
Keyless entry is no longer insecure, that's a thing of the past. Porsche with keyless entry is just as secure as without.
Tow bar, I'm lucky I have a works van so anything big that needs moving or if there's a lot of stuff, we use the van.
it's bike racks and caravans that are the main use. If it doesn't apply, save your money. I assumed with the roof rails you might be carrying something.
I don't think roof racks look sport, just the rails on the car.

The salesman this morning said he was glad we didn't spec keyless entry, he suggests to all his customers not to spec it due to the security issue. I don't really see the use of it anyway, just my opinion.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

The main problem with keyless entry is idiot salesmen propagating a myth:

Porsche Macan security rating upgraded to Superior - https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufa ... o-superior
---

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I agree Dunc - I think the rails look good and I will never put a roof rack on. Salesman also send to me that it is a cheap option that could help in the long run - they had used Macan for ages which was nice but was missing the rails so it took a while to move on

I like the keyless when I'm juggling a load of stuff but disappointed that it doesn't have the foot under the read end to open the boot option - that was really handy when your hands were full

However I'm realistic in that just because it is secure now, it won't take long for the thieves to come up with a way of defeating the system on the Gen2 cars
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Tracky wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:24 pm I agree Dunc - I think the rails look good and I will never put a roof rack on. Salesman also send to me that it is a cheap option that could help in the long run - they had used Macan for ages which was nice but was missing the rails so it took a while to move on

I like the keyless when I'm juggling a load of stuff but disappointed that it doesn't have the foot under the read end to open the boot option - that was really handy when your hands were full

However I'm realistic in that just because it is secure now, it won't take long for the thieves to come up with a way of defeating the system on the Gen2 cars
You can't defeat a system that is turned off, there is nothing to defeat. The key is turned off, there is no way to turn it back on without physically having the key in your hand.

Keyless entry & start can also be turned off on Gen1 and Gen2 models, so if any buyer doesn't like it they can just have it disabled and go back to using a key if they like.

I'm surprised Porsche don't just fit it as standard and charge to turn it on - would make the used market a lot easier for buyers.
---

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:57 am
On-Track wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:49 am

I didn't take you as being rude, but it was 9am THIS morning, today ;)
Although, he did actually say on the call this morning that we now have till 11am monday before spec will be locked.
As you might have guessed, I read your Friday post as saying Porsche had rung you on Friday morning whereas you meant they were going to ring you a 09:00 the next morning. Sorry for the confusion.

Given all the changes, I'd be interested to see the final locked down spec.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

jaffacake wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:50 pm
Tracky wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:24 pm I agree Dunc - I think the rails look good and I will never put a roof rack on. Salesman also send to me that it is a cheap option that could help in the long run - they had used Macan for ages which was nice but was missing the rails so it took a while to move on

You can't defeat a system that is turned off, there is nothing to defeat. The key is turned off, there is no way to turn it back on without physically having the key in your hand.

Keyless entry & start can also be turned off on Gen1 and Gen2 models, so if any buyer doesn't like it they can just have it disabled and go back to using a key if they like.

I'm surprised Porsche don't just fit it as standard and charge to turn it on - would make the used market a lot easier for buyers.
The thieves will always catch up !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S