Another New Blue

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Vix

Post by Vix »

Thanks for the kind comments. Incidentally, my Auto Start/Stop Unavailable warning was back yesterday. I've set the 4th line of the MFD to show Voltage. What should the normal reading be?
Macan S - Gentian Blue (2024) - 3 July 2024 PRI2ZX68
981 Boxster S - Sapphire Blue (2015) - Keeper!
987 Boxster S - Grey (2010) - Sold

Vix

Post by Vix »

Moriarty wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:06 am
Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:12 pm Why the deleted "Macan S" badge on the tailgate ? Asking for a friend.
I deleted the Macan S badge on mine too, for several reasons. Can’t speak for the OP of course but I mainly thought it makes the rear look cleaner. Plus I generally don’t like model variant letters - maybe a hangover from my childhood when there were all those Ford Cortina and Granada variants that were so important to company car drivers in informing the world of their incremental career progress. I even feel awkward saying I’ve got a Macan S, since I assume nobody cares beyond it being a Macan. And it can date the car a bit when Porsche change the models, like if you see a Macan Turbo badge now you know it’s an older car.

Anyway, moving past my own foibles, congrats to the OP on the new car! It’s lovely and I like the choice of black trim with the blue.
I've clearly not been paying attention. I thought they only deleted the "S", I've only just noticed that "Macan" has gone as well!! :lol:
Macan S - Gentian Blue (2024) - 3 July 2024 PRI2ZX68
981 Boxster S - Sapphire Blue (2015) - Keeper!
987 Boxster S - Grey (2010) - Sold
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Vix wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:15 am
Scooby_Doo wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:12 pm Why the deleted "Macan S" badge on the tailgate ? Asking for a friend.
I deleted the Macan S badge on mine too, for several reasons. Can’t speak for the OP of course but I mainly thought it makes the rear look cleaner. Plus I generally don’t like model variant letters - maybe a hangover from my childhood when there were all those Ford Cortina and Granada variants that were so important to company car drivers in informing the world of their incremental career progress. I even feel awkward saying I’ve got a Macan S, since I assume nobody cares beyond it being a Macan. And it can date the car a bit when Porsche change the models, like if you see a Macan Turbo badge now you know it’s an older car.

Anyway, moving past my own foibles, congrats to the OP on the new car! It’s lovely and I like the choice of black trim with the blue.
I've clearly not been paying attention. I thought they only deleted the "S", I've only just noticed that "Macan" has gone as well!! :lol:
The hoi polloi will think it is a Cayenne 😂
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR311YX3
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:23 am
Vix wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:15 am

The hoi polloi will think it is a Cayenne 😂
The hoi polloi won’t even know it’s a Porsche unless they read it on the back 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Skyway wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:03 am Does anyone care that a car is an older model. If you're talking about psychology I would look at a badgeless car and automatically think it's the bottom of the range ;)
+1
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:12 pm
Skyway wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:03 am Does anyone care that a car is an older model. If you're talking about psychology I would look at a badgeless car and automatically think it's the bottom of the range ;)
+1
I know what you mean but probably a bit 1990’s. Badges these days can be misleading (think Audi) and many high end cars have nothing at all bar the manufacturers name.
I park mine in the car park at work and despite having the full model badge on the back, most people just know it’s a Porsche 911 but have absolutely no idea that there is more than one variant. When I had my Macan, most just saw it as a red SUV and didn’t even know it was a Porsche… 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

911 on the back is more than enough. The badge on an Aston or Ferrari is enough. I don't quite understand the deletion of a model variant unless owners think a thief is less likely to want to steal a base model. I wonder how many GTS owners have debadged their cars ?
MB & BMW owners are always keen to add an AMG or M Sport badge to their cars.
crockers

Post by crockers »

There's the answer ~stick an AMG badge on the back