New potential owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

ExV8 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:51 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:37 am Add tow bar and mount bikes on that?
I am a bit precious about them as not overly cheap to be outside the car.
The bikes are more precious than a Macan.

Man are you on the wrong Forum.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:04 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:37 am Add tow bar and mount bikes on that?

More of them get stolen.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:47 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:04 pm

More of them get stolen.
No spare bike wheel needed then 😋
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

Exciting times, I have a build slot coming up that looks to be May for a June delivery. Just have to finalise the spec in the next couple of weeks.
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

Final specs PRQJJU71

Quite a few changes but stayed with the blue although ever so slightly over budget (started with a Cupra Alteca, then an S….).

A good experience so far. Seeing others picking up their respective cars is making me a little keen for mine.

Any views on Ceramic coating?
2japs

Post by 2japs »

ExV8 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:20 pm Final specs PRQJJU71

Quite a few changes but stayed with the blue although ever so slightly over budget (started with a Cupra Alteca, then an S….).

A good experience so far. Seeing others picking up their respective cars is making me a little keen for mine.

Any views on Ceramic coating?
Nice spec, enjoy cleaning the wheels 🛞

Re ceramic coating, makes car washing easier but I still get rid of bird crap asap !
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

A couple of little updates.

Car is now in production which is making things exciting. The update was interesting as it said your dream car is being created, or similar. Truth is I’m not sure the Macan is really my dream car. Perhaps an element of buyers remorse however I had a few doubts.

Today though was my experience day.

It was quite interesting as most of the time was not about options but handling with a little power and the verdict? Driving quickly it didn’t feel like an SUV until I got out, the kick,plate exercise was loads of fun (which showed how great the electronics help) and ultimately confirmed I’d made the right decision. Dream practical car? Yes, I think so. 🙂
Last edited by ExV8 on Tue May 21, 2024 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad you enjoyed the PEC.

Not long to wait now, this bit is the worst.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Yorkshire Mac

Post by Yorkshire Mac »

ExV8 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:18 pm A couple of little updates.

Car is now in production which is making things exciting. The update was interesting as it said your dream car is being created, or similar. Truth is I’m not sure the Macan is really my dream car. Perhaps an element of buyers remorse however I had a few doubts.

It was quite interesting as most of the time was not about options but handling with a little power and the verdict? Driving quickly it didn’t feel like an SUV until I got out, the kick,plate exercise was loads of fun (which showed how great the electronics help) and ultimately confirmed I’d made the right decision. Dream practical car? Yes, I think so. 🙂
That's great news.

I am running to a very similar timeline. Mine went into production yesterday, a couple of days ahead of schedule. As Col says, now the worst bit because knowing the car is built (nearly), I just want to get my hands on it ASAP. Nil buyer's remorse from me.

My PEC is scheduled for July, because that's the earliest I could fit it in. I will already have my new car (failing transport disasters) when I go, so will be good to practice in someone else's car :D

Fingers crossed the German transport system proves to be as efficient as expected.
Arriving in June, all being well. Slightly tweaked to now include Bose - https://configurator.porsche.com/en-GB/ ... m=PS4LXHU0
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

ExV8 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:18 pm A couple of little updates.

Good to hear. Hopefully you won’t suffer any delays in the delivery process.

“Dream Practical Car” - a good description. My Gentian GTS is now 8 months old. It is our ‘practical’ car and I wouldn’t swap it for anything this side of £100K. But there is a Lamborghini Urus in an outrageous purple at my golf club - I would probably do a swap for that 😎
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo