New Build

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

I absolutely would not go ahead with that spec, but each to there own :)

You do realise you could get a GTS with all the extras you have here for another £1.3k Approx.

You’d be better off doing that for a number of reasons.

Deleted User 6047

Post by Deleted User 6047 »

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I looked into the GTS, but decided against it due to the lack of silver bits which I like better than black bits & didn't want the logo on side blades 😀
Have decided to revisit OPC to check out 14 way seats against 18 way. I think personally that the 18 way looked better & have tried them on test drive. Only issue been the bolsters are slightly higher when getting in/out of vehicle.
Have sat in 14 way seats which are definitely easier to get in and out of but not sure about look.
My wife has same issue with bolsters as she is smaller than me, but once in seat no issues. Decisions, decisions 😂
Have also decided to drop door lights, a big cost option 😂thanks again for all the feedback👍
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Why does a seat's look influence you? Comfort and performance are surely 90%+ of the decision.
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Pov wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:41 pm Hi, Thanks for the replies. I looked into the GTS, but decided against it due to the lack of silver bits which I like better than black bits & didn't want the logo on side blades 😀
This is absolutely your car and your choice, the flexibility of the Porsche options list is both a blessing and a curse!

You haven’t said if this car is a long term keeper or if you are keeping for 3 or 4 years (and maybe financing?).

If the latter, make sure you are clear in the costs involved. A GTS that is say £3K more than a similar specced S could easily work out a cheaper proposition because of the stronger residuals. If your Porsche Sales Exec is any good, he should be able to give you some clear cost comparisons to help your decision.

As some have said above in different ways, you have chosen a very high spec S and most of the forum members would not go that route.

Good luck.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Excuse sexist assumption, your Sales Exec might be a she.

(Re GTS logo on the side, that can be removed. Changing Black bits to Silver bits is probably not practical)
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Deleted User 6047

Post by Deleted User 6047 »

The car is going to be a long term keeper, that's why I have specced the car with the options I like. If I removed some of the options, I would probably regret not having them.
Better to have selected options then regret not having them if that makes sense.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Lovely looking car, yes the wheels will probably be a pain to keep clean but do look nice. There are plenty S around at similar price points and not everyone wants a dull looking satin black exterior GTS. Oh thinking out aloud, I meant not everyone wants a GTS 🙈
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

Most of us get carried away initially, which is natural, however on reflection try to keep your extras below 10% of the base price… Porsche are masters of marketing and extracting any loose change you may have….be very wary when you starting thinking if I’m spending £70k what’s another £400….it means they have got you!
If you are running to a budget try and focus on items you can see, feel, smell or use from the drivers seat ie do you really need huge cartoon wheels?
This forum is populated by a number of 911 owners who very generously give advice to us lesser mortals… 😂
2023 Macan S
andreas

Post by andreas »

Pov wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:41 pm Hi, Thanks for the replies. I looked into the GTS, but decided against it due to the lack of silver bits which I like better than black bits & didn't want the logo on side blades 😀
It wouldn't cost much to swap the side blades afterwards if you really hated the GTS logo.

I have the Pebble interior with 18-way seats and I love it. The seats are great for long journeys, very comfortable indeed.

If you're planning to keep the car for a long time, then maybe residual values aren't too important to you. But speccing an S so close to the price of a GTS isn't a brilliant idea.

Personally, I'd delete sports exhaust and save £2K to start with!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Pov wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:31 pm The car is going to be a long term keeper, that's why I have specced the car with the options I like. If I removed some of the options, I would probably regret not having them.
Better to have selected options then regret not having them if that makes sense.
That’s exactly the correct attitude to have, especially as not everyone wants GTS!
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon