First Macan on its way

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sideways Sid

Post by Sideways Sid »

Hello to fellow Porsche-a-holics! After 38 years of Porsche ownership my wife and I have now calmed down and although we still feel the `need for speed` we are also getting that little bit older. Not more sensible, just older. Back in May 2023 we ordered a Macan GTS from our local OPC and it is due to be going through build during last week of November 2023. We are looking to take delivery after Christmas and that way it will be a 2024 vehicle. This model is rated at 440 bhp which sounds bonkers especially when the first GT3 I owned was 360 bhp. How times have changed. Disappointed that we are not allowed to collect it from Stuttgart because having done it before it was something that was defo on the bucket list. Ho, hum.... We live in Kent around 12 miles from Brands Hatch GP circuit to give you an idea of where we are. Already planning a trip over into Europe and hoping to get up into Norway towards the end of May 2024. Watched loads on Youtube and have started collecting maps and notes. I also have a few questions to existing owners but will post these as separate topics. For now, Hi everyone and looking forward to reading about your exploits. Will also explain how I earned the nickname Sideways Sid.

1 AE 997.1 GT3 RS SPA 034.JPG

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hi Sid. Welcome to our friendly forum! :)

Nice 997 GT3 RS!

Is that Spa?

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Sideways Sid wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:40 pm Hello to fellow Porsche-a-holics! After 38 years of Porsche ownership my wife and I have now calmed down and although we still feel the `need for speed` we are also getting that little bit older. Not more sensible, just older. Back in May 2023 we ordered a Macan GTS from our local OPC and it is due to be going through build during last week of November 2023. We are looking to take delivery after Christmas and that way it will be a 2024 vehicle. This model is rated at 440 bhp which sounds bonkers especially when the first GT3 I owned was 360 bhp. How times have changed. Disappointed that we are not allowed to collect it from Stuttgart because having done it before it was something that was defo on the bucket list. Ho, hum.... We live in Kent around 12 miles from Brands Hatch GP circuit to give you an idea of where we are. Already planning a trip over into Europe and hoping to get up into Norway towards the end of May 2024. Watched loads on Youtube and have started collecting maps and notes. I also have a few questions to existing owners but will post these as separate topics. For now, Hi everyone and looking forward to reading about your exploits. Will also explain how I earned the nickname Sideways Sid.1 AE 997.1 GT3 RS SPA 034.JPG

Hi - congrats!

I’m also due another macan GTS in a couple of weeks!

Your comment on waiting after Xmas for delivery/collection, aren’t they all 2024 model vehicles now? Or are you thinking of collecting it in January so it’s a January 2024 (73 reg) as opposed to a December 2023 (73 reg)? Is that the idea, want to understand what you meant as I might do the same.

I don’t think it makes any difference to residuals to be honest with you, seems that’s more affected by the registration year (73, 24, 74 etc)
ColinRR

Post by ColinRR »

Hi Sid, Welcome to the forum. I’m sure your new GTS will live up to your expectations. Let us know all about your adventures in Northern Europe next year.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

That's a great shot of your GT3 RS. Would love to send it up Raidillon one day!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Hi and welcome Sid. That's a great intro.
Great pic too :)
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like some interesting adventures to come for the new Macan
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Sideways Sid

Post by Sideways Sid »

Thank you guys. To answer the question yes it’s Spa-Francorchamps and the climb up through Eau Rouge. We first went to Spa in the late 90’s. Then started to go for two days every year when we gor our GT3 Clubsport in Cobalt Blue. This eventually got replaced with the OrangeGT3 RS 3.6 L and it had more grunt. This car was replaced with a 997.2 GT2 and then back to n/a engined 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8 L. Plenty of track days in UK and Europe but Spa is where the word Awesome really applies. But after many years and many track days we’re now grandparents so have two 11 year old grandsons to entertain. So Macan GTS is the best fit. Macan is ordered in Carmine Red because we have done various Porsche colours including quite a few Blues.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Sideways Sid wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:32 pm Thank you guys. To answer the question yes it’s Spa-Francorchamps and the climb up through Eau Rouge. We first went to Spa in the late 90’s. Then started to go for two days every year when we gor our GT3 Clubsport in Cobalt Blue. This eventually got replaced with the OrangeGT3 RS 3.6 L and it had more grunt. This car was replaced with a 997.2 GT2 and then back to n/a engined 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8 L. Plenty of track days in UK and Europe but Spa is where the word Awesome really applies. But after many years and many track days we’re now grandparents so have two 11 year old grandsons to entertain. So Macan GTS is the best fit. Macan is ordered in Carmine Red because we have done various Porsche colours including quite a few Blues.
Welcome and great post, my two G/kids enjoy the Macan, it has rear seat heating and the youngest seems to enjoy looking out of the pan roof more than the windows!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
crockers

Post by crockers »

[/quote]
Welcome and great post, my two G/kids enjoy the Macan, it has rear seat heating and the youngest seems to enjoy looking out of the pan roof more than the windows!
[/quote]

I think that’s pretty irresponsible of you. I’d make him sit down and belt him in. Maybe if you closed your sunroof that may stop him

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣