New owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

I had a sapphire blue Macan GTS for 3 years and not a day went by when I did not love it (other than when the engine blew up). I got many admiring glances and compliments. Was sad to get rid of it, but loving my Cayenne fortunately.
Enjoy your new car. It’s fab!

5924911A-9CF4-435C-B98D-3E4CD387D590.jpeg

Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

s_barker

Post by s_barker »

Thanks everyone. No not got the options list although did get a video walk around and description of the car. All I know is the car comes with 8 way sports seats and the deal I've agreed I'm happy with. I'm trading in 2 older cars with old tech so for me it's gonna be better than what I currently have (audi s5 b8.5 & bmw x3 35d)

My s5 I own is for fun and noise and the bmw (the wifes car) tows the caravan and does all the family deeds. I'm hoping the macan does it all for me in the one package. Put the smile on my face when it's just myself in the car but also tow the caravan and be a comfortable place for those long trips away.
s_barker

Post by s_barker »

I'll be looking to buy the missus a little fiat 500c or something along those lines just to run about town. This I'm hoping will keep our monthly bills lower having one good car and a cheap runabout vs her driving the bmw about and me wasting money on the s5 buying crap it doesn't need 🙊
s_barker

Post by s_barker »

Paul1970 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:09 pm I had a sapphire blue Macan GTS for 3 years and not a day went by when I did not love it (other than when the engine blew up). I got many admiring glances and compliments. Was sad to get rid of it, but loving my Cayenne fortunately.
Yeah I can't wait I've seen the blue before and it looks lovely. Not confidence inspiring that your engine blew up though. What was the reason for this happening?
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

s_barker wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:29 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:09 pm I had a sapphire blue Macan GTS for 3 years and not a day went by when I did not love it (other than when the engine blew up). I got many admiring glances and compliments. Was sad to get rid of it, but loving my Cayenne fortunately.
Yeah I can't wait I've seen the blue before and it looks lovely. Not confidence inspiring that your engine blew up though. What was the reason for this happening?
It had only done 200 miles before breaking down on the M1 (ironically on the way home from the silverstone experience! )The engine was sent back to Germany for an investigation but I’m told they never got to the bottom of why it happened other than some internal part shredded and destroyed the engine. Anyway, they built a new engine and gave me sufficient compensation and I never had a moments trouble thereafter. And it didn’t put me off buying another either!
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

s_barker wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:20 pm .... tows the caravan and does all the family deeds. I'm hoping the macan does it all for me in the one package. Put the smile on my face when it's just myself in the car but also tow the caravan and be a comfortable place for those long trips away....
Without wishing to state the obvious. Has it got the factory towbar option fitted? Roof rails may have been a useful option too if it's used for caravan-esque hols?
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

Great colour, never got tired of Sapphire Blue over five years.

Personally, I think it's criminal to tow a caravan with a GTS but I confess to being a died in the wool caravan hater.

Enjoy the car, you'll love it.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
s_barker

Post by s_barker »

MooseMiller wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:04 am
s_barker wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:20 pm .... tows the caravan and does all the family deeds. I'm hoping the macan does it all for me in the one package. Put the smile on my face when it's just myself in the car but also tow the caravan and be a comfortable place for those long trips away....
Without wishing to state the obvious. Has it got the factory towbar option fitted? Roof rails may have been a useful option too if it's used for caravan-esque hols?
No it doesn't have a factory towbar. To have a detachable swan neck fitted costs around £500 I'm sure. I'll be making sure it's something that can be done before taking the car away otherwise it's pointless for my needs. But from what I've seen so far it shouldn't be an issue.
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

s_barker wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:30 pm ....No it doesn't have a factory towbar. To have a detachable swan neck fitted costs around £500 I'm sure. I'll be making sure it's something that can be done before taking the car away otherwise it's pointless for my needs. But from what I've seen so far it shouldn't be an issue....
Yes I'd definitely check the feasibility of an after market fitment. Can it be done first and foremost. And how much. £500 sounds cheap to me

Also check warranty requirements if the fitter will be splicing into the wiring loom for towbar electrics
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Tow bar - the rear valance will either need cutting for the tow bar to prodtrude through or need the Porsche tow bar valance.

A retractable after market bar is available, but the valance will still need above.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver