New member, Order is in!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

sd1985 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:32 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:21 pm
Phil.C wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:37 pm Great thank you, it was the extended leather/ race tex package description that that threw me making a thing of the seat bolsters and seat back being in leather. I understand the the other leather items. Thank you for clarifying. Yes appreciate the lock down situation but I need to get it right before changing it all again 😂
Changing spec does go with the territory and Porsche ownership.

Whilst I do not your comments I do feel that you are making a huge mistake in sticking with the 8 way.

Yes, they may well be fine if all you are using the care for is fairly short drives but if and when you use it on long journeys then the 14/18 way do come into play.

I have driven plenty of 8way Macan’s many all day and getting the seating just right is impossible as there is no Lumber Adjustments nor Squab length adjustment.

If budget is an issue drop off some unnecessary bling and/or driver aids to give the cash to include better seats which do have Memory features an important consideration if there will be multiple drivers.

Don’t forget to include a Spare Wheel to give you options.
The GTS 8 way seats are different to the other models, it’s the same 18 way bucket seats with less adjustments. Just add memory package.

Having had 18 way on previous 2 macans I found I never used the other 10 adjustments so I also went 8 way.
Completely agree. The 8 way are very, very comfortable and supportive. Had them on both my Macans.

Have driven several Macans with 14 way too, but prefer 8 way.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

PJV997 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:04 pm Go for the seats that you find most comfortable for you. We made sure we tried all the variants before making our choice.

Spare wheel is a NO from me. You lose a decent amount of luggage space below the boot floor that I find useful. I accept that I might get stranded and need recovery if a serious blow-out, but that hasn’t happened to me since car manufacturers started to leave out the spare wheel perhaps 20 years ago. And I wouldn’t want to change the spare wheel (and find somewhere for the original dirty wheel) in some circumstances like a motorway puncture.

GT wheels are great, I’ve specced for my new car albeit in Satin Platinum rather than Gloss Black. What external colour are you going for?
Completely agree with your spare wheel comments. Haven't had one in my last five cars.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Also a GTS 8 way enjoyer here, great seats! Done some 6 hours drives no problem, regularly do 2/3 hour drives no problem.

I did spec spare wheel, but I hope to never need it. A few times a year I do go to the back and beyond though, so thought it wise.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94