Another first time Porsche buyer

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Wootiful wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:07 pm Having driven both an S and a base I loved the sound of the S's engine but have no need for.........
Welcome! Not for the first time I'm prompted to say, NOTHING about buying a Porsche is about NEED it's only about WANT I doubt you'd regret buying an S now but I can see you swapping the T for one in a year or two if you don't ;)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

crockers

Post by crockers »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:32 pm Welcome.

8 way seats are very basic, you will possibly find them unsupportive and uncomfortable on a long run, 14 or 18 way would be a better choice plus these include memory function.

Have to disagree. We both find the 8 way sports seats from the GTS to be both comfortable and supportive. Have you actually ever sat in them?
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

8 way GTS seats are very comfy - in fact my Mrs called out specifically how comfy the seats are compared to the S3 we had before. I think they 'hug' you perfectly and wouldn't want a tighter/more bolstered seat at all. I've not noticed the lack of lumbar adjustment or anything and I've done a few 4hr drives in my Macan already in absolute pleasure. ]

I think its one where - if you *know* you have back issues or generally find seating uncomfortable then you may need the 18 way to get the exact fit you need, but if you can sit in any car without issue you'll more than love the 8 way.

Hell I sit at a computer 8 hours a day, even with an 'ergonomic' desk chair sitting in my Macan is absolute bliss in comparison.

Anyway ---

I also really like the speed sign recognition and the lane change assist - super handy around London.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

crockers wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:53 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:32 pm Welcome.

8 way seats are very basic, you will possibly find them unsupportive and uncomfortable on a long run, 14 or 18 way would be a better choice plus these include memory function.

Have to disagree. We both find the 8 way sports seats from the GTS to be both comfortable and supportive. Have you actually ever sat in them?
Completely agree. I prefer them too, especially with the Alcantara / Race Tex centre panels. Warm in winter, cool in summer temperatures.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Could Col have been talking about the non sports 8w that you get in basic spec Macan and S??
Don’t know how comfy they are having never sat in them.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

People are different shapes so some simpler seat options suit some but not all. Some gain greater comfort from the extra flexibility offered by 14 and 18 way options.

A particular individual saying a seat type is comfortable on here is no use unless they give full body dimensions

;) ;) :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

I think several reviews say that the 8w GTS seats are more than comfortable enough. The rest of your spec looks good too, although I’d also say the 75-Litre Tank is probably a good option (and well-priced).

This review on the Macan T is a great watch by the way:
Now: 2022 Macan S
Previous: BMW 320i, C class
2japs

Post by 2japs »

gammaray wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:42 am I think several reviews say that the 8w GTS seats are more than comfortable enough. The rest of your spec looks good too, although I’d also say the 75-Litre Tank is probably a good option (and well-priced).

This review on the Macan T is a great watch by the way:
A good watch 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

Only thing I would add is set your self a budget of less than 10% of base price for extras and stick with it…focus on things you can see / feel or taste from the drivers seat! Forget external bling the T looks good in standard form…too much bling and the car starts to look like a BMW/MB!
75 litre fuel tank nearly pays for itself as OPC fills it with the extra fuel…and I find the only driver aid I use all the time is the speed sign recognition camera…
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

By contrast, my advice is to completely ignore all the drivel on here about what to spec for resale and budgets, and just spec it how YOU want it.
Check out what various options do and even canvas if folks find them useful, but it’s your car and if you want some “bling” then go for it.
This is not a BM or Audi that will all be identical, you have the opportunity to make it your own - or not - spec what you want within whatever budget you are comfortable with 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0