Ordered my first Porsche!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Rondini wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:31 pm Hi All

New to the forum and new to Porsche :D

I placed my order for a Macan S last month. I’m still awaiting allocation but have been told delivery should be October. Here is my current spec:

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRYTRS24

I prioritised an S over loads of extras so I’m kinda at my limit on what I want to spend (especially with recent price increase!) however I’ve noticed a lot of love for the sport chrono package on this forum so tempted to add that.

I’d also be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the sports steering wheel over the standard?

Any other thoughts appreciated!

Welcome to our friendly forum! :) and congrats on your order!

Everyone is different, and with so much choice, it’s very rare to find two identical Macans.

Every forum contributor would spend their budget differently.

For me, I’d go Carmine Red and 21” wheels, but wouldn’t it be boring if we all specced our cars identically! ;)

I have Sport Chrono and the GT steering wheel, but I also have yellow paint! :P :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Rondini

Post by Rondini »

Thanks for all the feedback. You’ve definitely sold the sports chrono to me! Will most likely revert to standard wheel and remove the crests (which I though I already had done tbh).

I personally love the Macan in crayon and the contrast of the light colour and black details. I often see one parked near my office in Clerkenwell and it always catches my eye.
Rondini

Post by Rondini »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:24 am

I placed my order for a Macan S last month. I’m still awaiting allocation but have been told delivery should be October. Here is my current spec:

I prioritised an S over loads of extras so I’m kinda at my limit on what I want to spend (especially with recent price increase!) however I’ve noticed a lot of love for the sport chrono package on this forum so tempted to add that.

I’d also be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the sports steering wheel over the standard?

Welcome to our friendly forum! :) and congrats on your order!

Everyone is different, and with so much choice, it’s very rare to find two identical Macans.

Every forum contributor would spend their budget differently.

For me, I’d go Carmine Red and 21” wheels, but wouldn’t it be boring if we all specced our cars identically! ;)

I have Sport Chrono and the GT steering wheel, but I also have yellow paint! :P :lol:
Completely agree. This is actually the first forum I’ve ever joined and it was the friendliness and appreciation of others tastes that I really liked. So many forums are so aggressive!
Rondini

Post by Rondini »

cowdray2 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:49 am

Very sensible spec…
I tested both steering wheels and opted for the standard one which works for me….
If it were me I would opt for the spare wheel (you’ll get more than you paid for it if you don’t like it) and the speed limit recognition sensor…. Otherwise brilliant choices
I’ve seen a few recommendations for a spare wheel so will likely add this too. I read somewhere that it reduces boot space or is it negligible?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Rondini wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:30 am I’ve seen a few recommendations for a spare wheel so will likely add this too. I read somewhere that it reduces boot space or is it negligible?
Obviously it takes space, even collapsed it's sizeable, but there's still more than enough space still with it.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Hey,

Welcome and congrats - it's great fun ordering your first Porsche.

My 2 cents on some topics -

I have the heated GT steering wheel and love it - the heated wheel added such a sense of refinement and luxury over the long winter we've just had.

Wouldn't bother with the crests, I would put that money into Sports Chrono for sure.

I'd also seriously consider dropping crayon (the silver is very, very nice) and adding Adaptive Cruise Control. There are mixed opinions on this forum but having specced it on mine and used it extensively I can say it's a great option if you do lots of motorway driving or find yourself inside the M25 a lot. It's also one of those options people look for when buying pre-owned, so will help you retain some value there if that is important.

And finally - I'd also consider dropping the heated windscreen - though I guess this might depend more on the type of journeys you need to do - but in my experience (without the heated screen) over the particularly frosty and cold winter we've just had in London, if I turn the engine on, stick the blowers on max defrost - by the time I've fannied about putting in the destination on Google the front screen has cleared. I was actually impressed how quick they cleared just with the air blowers.

I'm in Clerkenwell a fair bit, so I'll keep a look out for the crayon Macan you mentioned!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Welcome to the Forum,

Nice spec S. Nothing wrong with preferring an S over a higher spec basic Macan.

Colour is a selective thing. Personally I like Crayon, and nearly specced it myself. But it is a pricey option. I'd maybe look at a cheaper colour, and spend what's left on an option or two.

I'd keep the Porsche crests on the front seats. It just lifts the cabin, and I think it'll be a feel good factor when walking up to and getting in your new car.

Spare wheel is a must. Much better than fannying on with cans of foam at the road side. Once you stick that gunk in the tyre, its a new tyre, rather than a simple cheap repair job.

I'd keep Sport Chrono. I originally didn't spec it. But then added it in later. It saves taking your eyes off the road to put it into sport while trying to find the bit to press on the centre console, and it will no doubt help once you come to sell the car.
Rondini

Post by Rondini »

Plyphon wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:37 am Hey,

I have the heated GT steering wheel and love it - the heated wheel added such a sense of refinement and luxury over the long winter we've just had.

Wouldn't bother with the crests, I would put that money into Sports Chrono for sure.

I'd also seriously consider dropping crayon (the silver is very, very nice) and adding Adaptive Cruise Control. There are mixed opinions on this forum but having specced it on mine and used it extensively I can say it's a great option if you do lots of motorway driving or find yourself inside the M25 a lot. It's also one of those options people look for when buying pre-owned, so will help you retain some value there if that is important.

And finally - I'd also consider dropping the heated windscreen - though I guess this might depend more on the type of journeys you need to do - but in my experience (without the heated screen) over the particularly frosty and cold winter we've just had in London, if I turn the engine on, stick the blowers on max defrost - by the time I've fannied about putting in the destination on Google the front screen has cleared. I was actually impressed how quick they cleared just with the air blowers.

I'm in Clerkenwell a fair bit, so I'll keep a look out for the crayon Macan you mentioned!
My wife only had two requests with a new car, heating steering wheel and heated windscreen. The rest is up to me. Which I felt was a good deal :lol:

I did have the adaptive cruise control on at one point but removed it. My current car has no cruise control so felt the standard spec would be enough. Will take another look though.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Rondini wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:35 am
Plyphon wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:37 am Hey,

My wife only had two requests with a new car, heating steering wheel and heated windscreen. The rest is up to me. Which I felt was a good deal :lol:

I did have the adaptive cruise control on at one point but removed it. My current car has no cruise control so felt the standard spec would be enough. Will take another look though.
Wish I'd specced adaptive cruise on mine. Have it on my other car, and it's come in very handy recently due to every road round my way having road works and average speed camera's about.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:20 am
Jon A wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:39 pm I wonder why the wheels are showing 19” rims even though you have the standard S wheels ticked? Is the configurator glitching?

The configurator doesn’t work properly on my older iPad, but it’s ok on my newer one... Maybe to do with software version on your device, Jon?
It's showing me the 19" wheels as well despite clearly showing the standard 20"s ticked; that's on fully up to date Chrome on Windows 10. Had similar when playing with 718 specs over the weekend; it wouldn't show the correct alloys and the paint choice for them - IIRC that was on my iPad. Definitely some glitches.

To the OP, I'm not sure if you might get good value out of the leather pack with the standard 8-way seats; you can add driver memory as well if that's useful. I think a bit of extra leather in the interior really ramps up the feel-good factor inside.

Mind you, we've ordered a specced up T instead of an S so our priorities are clearly different. I'd still say you can rationalise by removing the tinted rear lights and headrest crests.
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper