About to order Macan T

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 3546

Post by Deleted User 3546 »

Hi all

Been registered for quite some time. Previously owned a Boxster and. Cayenne, but wife has just retired and wants a Macan. We only bought Approved Used previously, but given we plan to keep the car for ten years we don’t want to compromise on this one.

Usual story with appalling communication and poor sales experience with several OPC’s recently (enquired about some used ones initially)

If anyone can recommend a dealer up North or a named person who isn’t a knob, then please let me know!

Cheers

Tony

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Take a trip to Lakeland Porsche in Carnforth, they are adjacent to the M6 junction so very easy to get to.

Bought two from them, a very good family owned and operated OPC so not part of a large faceless chain.

Here is where I suggest you would be better buying an S.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 3546

Thanks re dealer, but don’t want an S
katie-yorkshire

Post by katie-yorkshire »

Hi

Try Matthew in Hull (Hessle, actually). Good communication from a new-ish dealership.

I thought I was onto a winner with Troy at South Lakes, Carnforth, but he failed to respond to queries via both email and telephone. Then when he rang to offer me a build slot he was downright unfriendly. I wasn't having that for upwards to £70k! Different person to the one who was present when I signed on the dotted....

So I cancelled my order, got a written apology and my £3k deposit back, and I turned to Hull. Matthew (Sytner) took £1k for an S (indefinitely delayed so I have bought a used used Karoq to fill in - nice car, btw) which may morph into a T or even into an electric Macan.

Hope this helps.
Deleted User 3546

That’s great thanks.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Hedgehog70 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:26 am Thanks re dealer, but don’t want an S
Sure you’ve gone through this a lot but what’s the reasoning for a T? Is it build time? Generally on this forum it’s not a popular choice but we all have our reasons - was interested in yours.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Here we go again... :roll:

Folks could have loads of reasons for buying a T or a ‘base’ 2.0.

People don’t get interrogated as to why they’ve ordered an S rather than a GTS.

I just don’t get it. We’re all different, with differing priorities and needs.

Live & let live. :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
softsand

Post by softsand »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:49 am

Cheers,
Yeah, it can be pretty tedious. Thanks for not being as judgmental as some.
2022 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN22I7J6 with 21” Sport Classic wheels in Satin Platinum
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:49 am

Cheers,
No one takes the mick out of my Seat which I love and its only a three pot - I love it so much my new one comes soon !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Hedgehog70 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:57 pm Hi all

Been registered for quite some time. Previously owned a Boxster and. Cayenne, but wife has just retired and wants a Macan. We only bought Approved Used previously, but given we plan to keep the car for ten years we don’t want to compromise on this one.

Usual story with appalling communication and poor sales experience with several OPC’s recently (enquired about some used ones initially)

If anyone can recommend a dealer up North or a named person who isn’t a knob, then please let me know!

Cheers

Tony
Sadly i think your experience of un-attentive sales personnel is par for the course; with limited vehicles available they dont have to try very hard to meet their quota.

Its hardly up north, but Silverstone seem to have a reasonable reputation, and Leicester.

It might be case of just having to put up with a sales team in order to secure the delivery date you want.

And congrats on your wife's choice of the T - more than ample and a capable and nicely spec'd car in stock form.