About to order Macan T

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hedgehog70
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:16 am
Location: Leeds

Post by Hedgehog70 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:57 pm

Hi all

Been registered for quite some time. Previously owned a Boxster and. Cayenne, but wife has just retired and wants a Macan. We only bought Approved Used previously, but given we plan to keep the car for ten years we don’t want to compromise on this one.

Usual story with appalling communication and poor sales experience with several OPC’s recently (enquired about some used ones initially)

If anyone can recommend a dealer up North or a named person who isn’t a knob, then please let me know!

Cheers

Tony
2006 Boxster 987 - Sold
2014 Cayenne 958 - Sold
2021 Octavia IV
2021 Mokka-e
2021 Triumph Trident 660
2023 Macan T (Ordered 10/06/2022)

Col Lamb
Posts: 7970
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Lancashire

Post by Col Lamb » Sun May 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Take a trip to Lakeland Porsche in Carnforth, they are adjacent to the M6 junction so very easy to get to.

Bought two from them, a very good family owned and operated OPC so not part of a large faceless chain.

Here is where I suggest you would be better buying an S.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Hedgehog70
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:16 am
Location: Leeds

Post by Hedgehog70 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:26 am

Thanks re dealer, but don’t want an S
2006 Boxster 987 - Sold
2014 Cayenne 958 - Sold
2021 Octavia IV
2021 Mokka-e
2021 Triumph Trident 660
2023 Macan T (Ordered 10/06/2022)

katie-yorkshire
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:51 am

Post by katie-yorkshire » Mon May 23, 2022 6:38 am

Hi

Try Matthew in Hull (Hessle, actually). Good communication from a new-ish dealership.

I thought I was onto a winner with Troy at South Lakes, Carnforth, but he failed to respond to queries via both email and telephone. Then when he rang to offer me a build slot he was downright unfriendly. I wasn't having that for upwards to £70k! Different person to the one who was present when I signed on the dotted....

So I cancelled my order, got a written apology and my £3k deposit back, and I turned to Hull. Matthew (Sytner) took £1k for an S (indefinitely delayed so I have bought a used used Karoq to fill in - nice car, btw) which may morph into a T or even into an electric Macan.

Hope this helps.

Hedgehog70
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:16 am
Location: Leeds

Post by Hedgehog70 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:48 am

That’s great thanks.
2006 Boxster 987 - Sold
2014 Cayenne 958 - Sold
2021 Octavia IV
2021 Mokka-e
2021 Triumph Trident 660
2023 Macan T (Ordered 10/06/2022)

BanZ
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by BanZ » Mon May 23, 2022 8:24 am

Hedgehog70 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:26 am
Thanks re dealer, but don’t want an S
Sure you’ve gone through this a lot but what’s the reasoning for a T? Is it build time? Generally on this forum it’s not a popular choice but we all have our reasons - was interested in yours.

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16891
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Mon May 23, 2022 11:49 am

Col Lamb wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Here is where I suggest you would be better buying an S.

Here we go again... :roll:

Folks could have loads of reasons for buying a T or a ‘base’ 2.0.

People don’t get interrogated as to why they’ve ordered an S rather than a GTS.

I just don’t get it. We’re all different, with differing priorities and needs.

Live & let live. :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

softsand
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:25 am
Location: Australia

Post by softsand » Mon May 23, 2022 12:15 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:49 am
Col Lamb wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Here is where I suggest you would be better buying an S.

Here we go again... :roll:

Folks could have loads of reasons for buying a T or a ‘base’ 2.0.

People don’t get interrogated as to why they’ve ordered an S rather than a GTS.

I just don’t get it. We’re all different, with differing priorities and needs.

Live & let live. :)

Cheers,
Yeah, it can be pretty tedious. Thanks for not being as judgmental as some.

Tracky
Posts: 2534
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Tracky » Mon May 23, 2022 1:00 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:49 am
Col Lamb wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Here is where I suggest you would be better buying an S.

Here we go again... :roll:

Folks could have loads of reasons for buying a T or a ‘base’ 2.0.

People don’t get interrogated as to why they’ve ordered an S rather than a GTS.

I just don’t get it. We’re all different, with differing priorities and needs.

Live & let live. :)

Cheers,
No one takes the mick out of my Seat which I love and its only a three pot - I love it so much my new one comes soon !
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of various options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k worth of various options ! (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG (dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

User avatar
Percymon
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Percymon » Mon May 23, 2022 2:07 pm

Hedgehog70 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:57 pm
Hi all

Been registered for quite some time. Previously owned a Boxster and. Cayenne, but wife has just retired and wants a Macan. We only bought Approved Used previously, but given we plan to keep the car for ten years we don’t want to compromise on this one.

Usual story with appalling communication and poor sales experience with several OPC’s recently (enquired about some used ones initially)

If anyone can recommend a dealer up North or a named person who isn’t a knob, then please let me know!

Cheers

Tony
Sadly i think your experience of un-attentive sales personnel is par for the course; with limited vehicles available they dont have to try very hard to meet their quota.

Its hardly up north, but Silverstone seem to have a reasonable reputation, and Leicester.

It might be case of just having to put up with a sales team in order to secure the delivery date you want.


And congrats on your wife's choice of the T - more than ample and a capable and nicely spec'd car in stock form.

Post Reply

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post