Potential New Owner Looking at GTS

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
JonD99

Post by JonD99 »

Hi

New to Porsche, I’m currently looking for GTS model, will be around 2017/18, are there any problem areas to lookout for, and big services that should have been done or due.

Thanks

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Yes there are. I bought mine in November from Cazoo having owned a diesel Macan for nearly three years. 6 weeks into ownership I took the GTS for the Porsche 111 point inspection and they found an oil leak on the rear of the engine, this is an engine out job and £5700! Naturally I went back to Cazoo and after a few weeks they have finally agreed to pay for the repair. But at 25k miles I think it’s pretty bad form from Porsche.
So, just be careful and try and get one with a Porsche warranty, then you are covered.

Otherwise they are great cars and look great. Mine:

compressed carmine.jpg

June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome! :)

The GTS is a great car!

The first ‘major’ service is generally due at 4 years or 40k miles, whichever is sooner.

Have a good look around the forum for potential problem areas. The transfer box issue is a biggie, but doesn’t affect all Macans.

Enjoy your search!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Kleynie, sorry to hear about your oil leak.

I hope it is sorted to your satisfaction.

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:21 pm Kleynie, sorry to hear about your oil leak.

I hope it is sorted to your satisfaction.

Cheers,
Thank you. The car is such a great spec, Cazoo wanted to buy it back rather than repair, but there is nothing around with similar spec/price
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
JonD99

Post by JonD99 »

Thanks for the replies.

@ Kleynie , that’s a great looking car. Sounds like you had a few sleepless nights there! Glad it’s all sorted.

How much approximately is the Porsche check out of interest?
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Thank goodness Cazoo are covering this (reassuring really). Your car looks fantastic though so hopefully good as new when done 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

JonD99 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:29 pm Thanks for the replies.

@ Kleynie , that’s a great looking car. Sounds like you had a few sleepless nights there! Glad it’s all sorted.

I got the 111 point inspection for £150 and I had the four year service at the same time for £630. Both very good prices from a main Porsche dealer (Brooklands)

Don’t discount Cazoo, granted they should have spotted the oil leak, but their customer service has been great, much better than Porsche themselves in my experience.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Kleynie wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:42 pm
JonD99 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:29 pm Thanks for the replies.

I got the 111 point inspection for £150 and I had the four year service at the same time for £630. Both very good prices from a main Porsche dealer (Brooklands)

Don’t discount Cazoo, granted they should have spotted the oil leak, but their customer service has been great, much better than Porsche themselves in my experience.
Glad to hear things have worked themselves out and you get to keep your car!

Thanks for the feedback on Cazoo, I almost bought a second hand macan from them until the chance came up for a quick delivery new one so good to know for the future.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Kleynie wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:16 pm Yes there are. I bought mine in November from Cazoo having owned a diesel Macan for nearly three years. 6 weeks into ownership I took the GTS for the Porsche 111 point inspection and they found an oil leak on the rear of the engine, this is an engine out job and £5700! Naturally I went back to Cazoo and after a few weeks they have finally agreed to pay for the repair. But at 25k miles I think it’s pretty bad form from Porsche.
So, just be careful and try and get one with a Porsche warranty, then you are covered.

Otherwise they are great cars and look great. Mine:

compressed carmine.jpg

I have seen oil leaks listed as a common issue for the Gen 1 Petrol V6's. There is a message on the PCGB Macan register of an owner being unlucky and needing a new gearbox out of warranty at about 25K and getting a £19k bill. The message is do not take transfer boxes now being covered for 7 years as a reason not to extend warranty as the potential bills from other tissues can be quite large compared to the annual cost of the warranty.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8