Newbie - Macan Turbo Gen 1

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
peter7

Post by peter7 »

peter7 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:53 pm I have no connection to this car but its the one we looked at with lots of options

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 000&page=1
I have just been down this road with my son . I drive a Macan S diesel which i love and suggested he go for the turbo as he wants a bit more power and noise. We looked at the above and he almost went for it . We then checked out a 2018 SQ5 which is a very modern car in all respects ... it makes my Macan look aged ! the Tech is light years ahead of Porsche andf it was also £40k from an Audi garage . I hate to say it but for that money I think it was a better car . ( BTW I have driven Porsches for 15 years )
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars

pmg

Post by pmg »

peter7 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:01 pm
peter7 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:53 pm I have no connection to this car but its the one we looked at with lots of options

I have just been down this road with my son . I drive a Macan S diesel which i love and suggested he go for the turbo as he wants a bit more power and noise. We looked at the above and he almost went for it . We then checked out a 2018 SQ5 which is a very modern car in all respects ... it makes my Macan look aged ! the Tech is light years ahead of Porsche andf it was also £40k from an Audi garage . I hate to say it but for that money I think it was a better car . ( BTW I have driven Porsches for 15 years )
but did you test drive them both?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Also that makes the Audi a much more expensive car on depreciation alone!
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

andreas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:02 pm
BanZ wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:35 pm
I believe the S gen1/2 only had a single turbo ....
Here's what it says in the catalogue. Oh, and I bought one.

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 20.00.06.png
Apologies gen1&2 were different - but it was important you mentioned you bought one… :roll:

‘The new 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine generating 348 horsepower and 354 lb.-ft. of torque.

This new V6 is equipped with a single twin-scroll turbocharger located in the inner V of the engine, as opposed to the twin-turbo setup of the original Macan. The new and more powerful engine marked an increase in both horsepower and torque over the 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 Porsche used in preceding versions of the Macan S. As a result, the refreshed model could accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds, or 4.9 seconds with the optional Sport Chrono package. The model’s top track speed also increased slightly to 157 mph.’
phild

Post by phild »

pmg wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:37 pm As far as I can tell from the photo of the buttons the sport button has two small lights by it so wiii be pressed twice to get to the sports plus setting
:roll: - of course! Thanks for the assistance, pmg!
phild

Post by phild »

peter7 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:01 pm I have just been down this road with my son . I drive a Macan S diesel which i love and suggested he go for the turbo as he wants a bit more power and noise. We looked at the above and he almost went for it . We then checked out a 2018 SQ5 which is a very modern car in all respects ... it makes my Macan look aged ! the Tech is light years ahead of Porsche andf it was also £40k from an Audi garage . I hate to say it but for that money I think it was a better car . ( BTW I have driven Porsches for 15 years )
Thanks for the input, peter7 - I had the exact same conversation with my Wife but she really is anti Audi (from her Superbike Racing days in the 90s/00s where they had RS6s as course cars, which kept breaking down. It never bothered me, I have always loved the RS6). Try as I might, I don't think I'd ever get an Audi approved internally :D and if I did, I'd always be thinking that I didn't buy an RS6 :roll:
peter7

Post by peter7 »

pmg wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:06 pm
peter7 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:01 pm

but did you test drive them both?
Yes we did ... both very able cars both had plenty of power , both with very good build quality just the fact that the Audi was 2 years younger and much more modern for the same money ...
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Jon A wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:39 pm Also that makes the Audi a much more expensive car on depreciation alone!
only for the original purchaser ...

also as I was fitting Carplay to My Macan at the weekend i discovered this ..

audi porsche.jpg