New Car Lead times

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:56 pm I've put a deposit down today on an S (PNIX29H8) at Stockport OPC. Another newish dealer, opened August 2020, owned by Stratstone along with half a dozen others. First contacted them by phone last Friday and immediately warmed to the Sales Manager who took the call. So refreshing to NOT get the impression HE was doing ME a favour! :D I was persuaded to visit by the news that my order, if placed, would be No.4 in the queue for an S, still with nothing promised before September. Although just one extra S will have a greater impact on dates than if I'd joined the list at Chester who have 63 customers in line and quoted June/July 2023 for an S!
Today we spent 2.5 hours in Stockport with their, just promoted, Business Manager (stepped in for our designated SE who sadly phoned in sick this morning) and explored my options both definite and undecided using the Configurator as well as umpteen vehicles inside and outside the showroom. That put paid to my Aggate grey idea and management's Pebble leaning! We won't be hassling them with Omni voluminous changes, although a Sport button on the steering wheel has some attraction! The Sales Manager joined us for the second half of a BS free candid discussion on some options, together with those delivery prospects. I had considered the PSCB and would have happily invested in them if there was potential to recoup that by virtue of their longevity avoiding a couple of steel disc replacements but he quickly dispelled that one! Good for performance with a much quicker and firmer grab but thats all.
We also talked about why we were there and not "nearer home" which has led me to expect a much happier purchase experience. Seems they get quite a few customers from the "east" not so many from the west but then the drive across the Pennines is far nicer than Manchester and the motorways on t'other side.
👍Very nice spec, but then I would say that having specced mine almost identically mechanically 😊
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:15 pm I spoke to Chester and Stockport on Friday and both quoted me Q4 2022 for an S.Stockport were very friendly though. :D
:evil: well I wonder which wnacker I spoke to! Maybe he saw a 0114 phone number and didn't think I was serious. Shame, a day in Chester when having a service is far more attractive than Stockport, notwithstanding we aren't tied to the supplying OPC for servicing.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
pmg

Post by pmg »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:56 pm I've put a deposit down today on an S (PNIX29H8) at Stockport OPC. Another newish dealer, opened August 2020, owned by Stratstone along with half a dozen others. First contacted them by phone last Friday and immediately warmed to the Sales Manager who took the call. So refreshing to NOT get the impression HE was doing ME a favour! :D I was persuaded to visit by the news that my order, if placed, would be No.4 in the queue for an S, still with nothing promised before September. Although just one extra S will have a greater impact on dates than if I'd joined the list at Chester who have 63 customers in line and quoted June/July 2023 for an S!
Today we spent 2.5 hours in Stockport with their, just promoted, Business Manager (stepped in for our designated SE who sadly phoned in sick this morning) and explored my options both definite and undecided using the Configurator as well as umpteen vehicles inside and outside the showroom. That put paid to my Aggate grey idea and management's Pebble leaning! We won't be hassling them with Omni voluminous changes, although a Sport button on the steering wheel has some attraction! The Sales Manager joined us for the second half of a BS free candid discussion on some options, together with those delivery prospects. I had considered the PSCB and would have happily invested in them if there was potential to recoup that by virtue of their longevity avoiding a couple of steel disc replacements but he quickly dispelled that one! Good for performance with a much quicker and firmer grab but thats all.
We also talked about why we were there and not "nearer home" which has led me to expect a much happier purchase experience. Seems they get quite a few customers from the "east" not so many from the west but then the drive across the Pennines is far nicer than Manchester and the motorways on t'other side.
Nice spec and I have to approve the colour. Just surprised through you find the Gen 3 changes attractive enough to replace a 2020 Gen2 S? or are you going to run 2 Macans???

Having been to senior school in Bolton and lived just west on Manchester until Uni and still having friends in the area, I can understand Stockport not getting much business from the west
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
zuhair92

Post by zuhair92 »

Stockport OPC have been incredible! Fantastic service and great communication from the day I first called them and kept me updated throughout. I’m one of the customers from the “East” and picking up my S on Monday. You may have seen it parked somewhere, finished in Carrara white with 21” GT design wheels?
First time Porsche customer, following dads foot steps after he got his 2021 992 GT3

Current: 2022 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNPANU67

On order: 992 911 GTS: http://www.porschecode.com/PP1M4DU1
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

That's the OPC I went with, and they've been great with me. There were only 5 people in front of me in the queue for the GTS when I placed my deposit, expecting mid '22 delivery. Two of those in front of me in the queue didn't want the earlier slot when it became available, so it was given to me instead which is how I'm (hopefully!) getting the car so quickly. I'd be willing to wager they can probably still get you a car faster than lots of other OPC's, the list at both Nottingham and Leicester (more local to me) was over 30 people when I enquired last year. It's probably even more now!
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

zuhair92 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:06 am
I’m one of the customers from the “East” and picking up my S on Monday. You may have seen it parked somewhere, finished in Carrara white with 21” GT design wheels?
Hope you have a great day picking up your Macan. I’m looking forward to seeing some photos - esp. the extended Bordeaux interior as I am undecided on going for the 1/2 leather or the full as you have done.
Thanks in advance !
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Zadkiel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:41 am
I’m one of the customers from the “East” and picking up my S on Monday. You may have seen it parked somewhere, finished in Carrara white with 21” GT design wheels?
Hope you have a great day picking up your Macan. I’m looking forward to seeing some photos - esp. the extended Bordeaux interior as I am undecided on going for the 1/2 leather or the full as you have done.
Thanks in advance !
I had the same conundrum but finally went with the partial as I didn't fancy having a wall of distracting red on the dash. Going red is a bit "rakish" - you know - stylishly handsome and prone to saucy, fast behavior.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:47 am
…. Going red is a bit "rakish" - you know - stylishly handsome and prone to saucy, fast behavior.
:lol: :lol: Well, as my ‘real’ name is Hugh Errol Casanova Dashwood ……
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:47 am
Thanks in advance !
I had the same conundrum but finally went with the partial as I didn't fancy having a wall of distracting red on the dash. Going red is a bit "rakish" - you know - stylishly handsome and prone to saucy, fast behavior.
I will be picking mine up next week (20th) I have also gone with the partial Bordeaux . I will obviously get some pictures up :D - I will look forward to seeing the full, as so far there doesn't seem to be many around with the Bordeaux
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner
zuhair92

Post by zuhair92 »

Thanks in advance !
My SE sent me some pictures when the car arrived at the dealership last month. However, it had arrived with an error on the build which Porsche have rectified now. Hopefully these pictures give an idea but I’ll take proper pictures on Monday and post them under natural light. These pictures were taken indoors in a floodlit area when the car was taken in for inspection, so the interior appears brighter than normal.

I believe the second picture was taken outdoors so that’s more accurate.

58B3B8EC-B644-424D-810F-CF8EA6C1E6AA.jpeg

093BB928-F9D3-406C-9373-3259EAF307B3.jpeg

99E13263-716C-481B-B356-555F3C655A12.jpeg

D53E7CA9-F03C-42C5-96E3-8C3667C1A3AB.jpeg

035369A3-C18A-4373-915C-E477BF5C8A11.jpeg

First time Porsche customer, following dads foot steps after he got his 2021 992 GT3

Current: 2022 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNPANU67

On order: 992 911 GTS: http://www.porschecode.com/PP1M4DU1