Porsche newbie

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

marc1 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:53 pm
drgav2005 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:24 am Hello and welcome to the forum.

Great spec - I’d be tempted to drop the wireless charging @ £354 and add rear side airbags @ £287 (which should really be standard anyway but that’s Porsche for you!).
You may want to consider adding Bose, might not be an issue for you but probably worth trying to listen to a standard system versus the Bose to see.

As Bluesnose has suggested, the PSCB are good - I’ve got them on my current Macan. They don’t completely get rid of all brake dust (like ceramics) but are pretty close. Mind you, you could probably buy several bottles of bilt hamber alloy cleaner for the difference!

That’s pretty restrained - I’ve spent way more virtual money on the configurator! As Peter and SImon have already said, if it’s a keeper spec it the way *you* want. I bought a showroom demo gen 2 back in September and despite it having a mega spec they missed a couple of options that I would have added (auto dimming mirrors, LCA, rear airbags).

It’s a great car, you’ll love it… will be a long wait but certainly worth it.
Not a fan of the wireless charging then? Does that include wireless apple CarPlay? Or is it purely just wireless charging? I always use CarPlay so if I still have to plug it in for that then it wouldn’t be worth getting wireless charging.

I did look at getting rear side airbags and Bose. They were on my original spec that came to £83k :lol: I was seeing if I could get it under £80k but didn’t manage it! So maybe I should add them both back on :lol:

I think the PSCB are standard on the GTS. The £584 is to have them painted black instead of the standard red :oops:
I dropped the wireless charging on my order because by design it was crap. I had iphone 12 pro max and it would not charge unless: a) the case was removed and b) it was aligned in a certain way. This would not affect being able to use wireless carplay which is good. Someone mentioned here which I think is much better idea is to use an Apple magsafe puck instead
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!

drgav2005

Post by drgav2005 »

marc1 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:53 pm Not a fan of the wireless charging then? Does that include wireless apple CarPlay? Or is it purely just wireless charging? I always use CarPlay so if I still have to plug it in for that then it wouldn’t be worth getting wireless charging.

I did look at getting rear side airbags and Bose. They were on my original spec that came to £83k :lol: I was seeing if I could get it under £80k but didn’t manage it! So maybe I should add them both back on :lol:

I think the PSCB are standard on the GTS. The £584 is to have them painted black instead of the standard red :oops:
As martino8 has said you don’t need the charger for wireless Apple Car Play to work (I use mine all the time too :) ) and there are better designs out there if you need to charge your phone on the go.

Quite a lot of cash to paint the callipers black… although I must admit it would look great! Sorry, I’m sure that’s not helping :lol:
If it was me, I’d be adding in the Bose and the airbags - but it’s really easy spending other people’s money online :D

Good luck with the configuration - it’s all part of the fun of the new car!
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Fabulous spec and that will really stand out on the road! I saw a Python Green Macan at Reading OPC the other week and thought it looked great.
The "smoking package" at a mere £30 puts a cover over the hole in front of the centre console. Some people (like myself) think it tidies things up a bit. Probably worth a little look at a with and without version.
The only other thing to consider is the BOSE option. Lots of debate on here about it, so a test at your OPC is probably in order.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
marc1

Post by marc1 »

Thanks for the comments so far - I have decided to drop the wireless charging and add rear side airbags. Also considering adding Tinted LEDs. It says Black LEDs are standard on the GTS, but I'm guessing that just means the trim around them?

Undecided about the black brake callipers. I like red callipers but admit it might not look so good on a green car!

There are going to be a few things I miss about the Range Rover Sport... Matrix LEDs, rear cross traffic detection, remote start/heating and the fridge! But I'm sure the Macan will make up for it in different areas! :D
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I think there’s a bit of a misunderstanding on the rear side airbags option. The Macan already has full side airbags just like any other car and is no less safe. Porsche offer the option to add small, thigh level bags at the ends of the rear seat base, something other manufacturers don’t. So I think it is not correct to suggest that the Macan is less safe than other cars because they offer this as an option.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

marc1 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:32 pm Thanks for the comments so far - I have decided to drop the wireless charging and add rear side airbags. Also considering adding Tinted LEDs. It says Black LEDs are standard on the GTS, but I'm guessing that just means the trim around them?

Undecided about the black brake callipers. I like red callipers but admit it might not look so good on a green car!

There are going to be a few things I miss about the Range Rover Sport... Matrix LEDs, rear cross traffic detection, remote start/heating and the fridge! But I'm sure the Macan will make up for it in different areas! :D
Car looks great !

You get tinted rear lights on GTS as standard

The option is for a darker front light

It is subtle but would be good with your colour.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S