My first Porsche - Macan S Ordered Nov 21

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

This is my first Porsche and the most I’ve ever spent on a car but looking forward to it :D . Seems I will have to wait at least a year to take delivery though :roll:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNDFCZH7
Macan S MY 2023

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Welcome aboard. A very good spec that I'm certain you will enjoy. Just need to add a spare. 18" is fine.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

You have done your homework well with your spec.

A few comments/suggestions:-

The carrera white metallic does have a blue hue in bright sunlight so do check that our before you lockdown the spec.

Running boards, very few Macans have them, they do not really aid access or egress as they are to small all they do is get road grime on the back of the legs when you get out of the car.

A spare wheel plus a can of sealant gives options
( spare is collapsable and comes with a compressor )

PDLS+ is not really necessary unless you are well out in the sticks, the auto dip main lights can be a bit flaky.

Standard cruise control is not adaptive, it is fixed speed.

18 way seats are a very snug fit with no wriggle room on long journeys, the squab and rear bolsters can be intrusive and the squab bolsters hinder entry and egress. Do take an 18 way Macan on as long a test drive as you can to be sure 18 way are what you want, personally my 14 way are the most comfortable seats I have had.

Air suspension can have a wallowing ride for some, I love the AS on my Macan, so do have a long test drive over roughish roads to check out if the ride induces motion sickness.

Finally my favourite option that I included is a heated steering wheel, it is so great on those cold Winter drives, I use mine a lot.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Looks nice spec

I don't see any hints of blue in my Carrara white 911

Agree on running boards

I do live in sticks and think the PDLS + are worth it and cheap option

Agree on heated wheel

You'll be surprised how quickly you forget you have the crests in the headrests - you will barely ever see them !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Spud

Post by Spud »

Very good and wise spec, car looks great, nice to see the extras kept to a sensible level, I am sure you will be pleased with it, the problems come when you want to change because in my opinion there is still nothing on the market that compares to the Macan 👍
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

There is a lot of debate about the different interior packages on here and I would suggest (if not already done so) asking your dealer to see the different interiors available. Personally I don’t like the plastic type finish running along the top of the dash, and most demos have the leather finish which some people may end up thinking is standard. For me, the extended leather gives the interior a far more luxury feel so, although it adds a bit to the cost you should make sure you know exactly what you’re getting with the standard finish. Good luck, the Macan is awesome.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Agree with everyone who has said that running boards are more trouble than they're worth, They might have a place on American full-size pickups but on a Macan they're neither use nor ornament.

I've had 18 way seats on all three of my Porsche SUVs and think they're great but I agree with Col that you should try before you buy.

I've got Sports Chrono on my Gen 2 GTS and I certainly wouldn't spec it on an S and probably not on another GTS. My car has the same engine and state of tune your S will have and, believe me, just pressing firmly on the loud pedal results in a drop of two to three gears and rapid acceleration. You'll probably use the"Sports Response" button a few times but, apart from that, Sport will be available as a button on the console and you won't miss Sport + or Launch Control.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:36 am Hi and welcome to the forum.

Agree with everyone who has said that running boards are more trouble than they're worth, They might have a place on American full-size pickups but on a Macan they're neither use nor ornament.

I've had 18 way seats on all three of my Porsche SUVs and think they're great but I agree with Col that you should try before you buy.

I've got Sports Chrono on my Gen 2 GTS and I certainly wouldn't spec it on an S and probably not on another GTS. My car has the same engine and state of tune your S will have and, believe me, just pressing firmly on the loud pedal results in a drop of two to three gears and rapid acceleration. You'll probably use the"Sports Response" button a few times but, apart from that, Sport will be available as a button on the console and you won't miss Sport + or Launch Control.
This left me asking a question. If you do not have sports chrono and the switch on the wheel, in Gen2 and Gen3 cars do you get two buttons, one for the PASM and one for sport for the engine mode? That would mean you have two distracting buttons to go for away from the steering wheel. Or if one combined button you cannot do suspension and drive train separately?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Thanks so much for all the responses so far. Seems everyone agrees on the spare which I will certainly add. I chose the 18 way seats after my test drive that had them but haven’t sat in one with 14 way ones.

One of my colleagues has a Macan and has the running boards. Obviously a personal opinion but having seen them fitted in the flesh I thought they added a bit of extra finishing along the sills and would keep some of the grime from reaching the doors. I also thought they might add some extra side protection from the dreaded door from the car parked next to you - might be completely wrong of course. I’m still not decided on this.

I liked the sports chrono because of the instant setup of performance and suspension and the instant timed boost feature for an overtake.
Macan S MY 2023
pmg

Post by pmg »

Skyway wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:01 am
One of my colleagues has a Macan and has the running boards. Obviously a personal opinion but having seen them fitted in the flesh I thought they added a bit of extra finishing along the sills and would keep some of the grime from reaching the doors. I also thought they might add some extra side protection from the dreaded door from the car parked next to you - might be completely wrong of course. I’m still not decided on this.
I read in another thread, that someone found when entering the car they picked up dirt from the running boards on their trousers?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8