My First Porsche - Gen 3 Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I’d test the standard sound system if I were you as ive been underwhelmed with Bose since my gen3 S arrived. If you do a lot of trips with kids sleeping I’d also consider the air suspension but I appreciate it’s another £1k. If you do order it I’d love to see pics as night blue/Mojave interior hasn’t been selected by many of here but I always think they look good on the configurator!

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

ECBBD2DA-B536-4A28-8642-C21FC0106657.jpeg

tv

Night blue I saw when picking my car up.
james718gts

Post by james718gts »

Hello, I’m hoping to run my build past people for their opinions and to double check a few bits.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNT7JW10

To paint a picture, I recently took delivery of a very stripped back Gentian Macan Gen 3. I now regret going with a standard fabric interior and no pan roof. I’m considering placing a new order and leveraging the experience on this group to inform the options. I’d then sell my current one or replace my partners car with it. I want a sensible spec with minimal spend/wastage.

In addition to thoughts/comments on the build, I’d be keen to hear peoples views on:

8 way seats with leather interior versus 14 way leather seats (appreciate some items are missed versus opting for a leather interior).

Surround view vs using the mirror dip from the 14 way package

Aluminium Interior finish - anyone got examples of it on theirs?

Power steering plus - keen to hear views from people who have run both.

Chrono (my current S has it) - do people typically spec this on their Macans?

Thanks in advance!
Current: Macan S (PPHWIVP8) and 997.1 C2S
Deposit: M3 Touring, 992.2 Carrera T
Sold: 718 GTS4.0, 987.1 B, 987.2 S C, 718 C, 718 S C, MX-5 RF D
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Yes to 14 way for all that comes with it.

Big fan of Surround View - makes precision parking simple

Power steering probably worth it (relatively inexpensive)

Chrono not worth it (just use manual mode when you want to push on)
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

james718gts wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:12 pm Hello, I’m hoping to run my build past people for their opinions and to double check a few bits.

To paint a picture, I recently took delivery of a very stripped back Gentian Macan Gen 3. I now regret going with a standard fabric interior and no pan roof. I’m considering placing a new order and leveraging the experience on this group to inform the options. I’d then sell my current one or replace my partners car with it. I want a sensible spec with minimal spend/wastage.

In addition to thoughts/comments on the build, I’d be keen to hear peoples views on:

8 way seats with leather interior versus 14 way leather seats (appreciate some items are missed versus opting for a leather interior).

Thanks in advance!
Things I can advise on from my gen3 S.

I’ve been happy with my 8 way seats and think I’d have been disappointed if I’d gone for standard interior vs leather. Can’t quite work out if I’d be happier with extended by certainly glad I upgraded to leather.

I am happy I specced air suspension would definately do it again.

I wouldn’t spec Bose again.

I’d personally consider speccing for GT steering wheel next time and possibly the lane change indicator as blind spot visibility isn’t the best(this should really be standard imo!).

I’d possibly add coloured whee centres next time as well as they are a cheap flourish :)
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

BanZ wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:36 pm
I’d possibly add coloured whee centres next time as well as they are a cheap flourish :)
Are they easily nicked or can you only remove them when the wheel is off?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

james718gts wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:12 pm Hello, I’m hoping to run my build past people for their opinions and to double check a few bits.

Thanks in advance!
I’m happy with my 8 way seats with leather package. Have had 14 ways and 18 ways on previous Macans and the 8 ways are perfectly comfortable. The smooth leather on the seats , door armrests/ pulls , centre armrest and dash is nice quality. It would be good if you would post pics of your standard non leather seats as no one seems to have posted pics as yet.
So far as power steering plus is concerned I normally spec this and have done so again on my current car but think that this time it might not actually be necessary on 20” wheels as the lighter front end makes steering with standard power steering ok. The car I had at the PEC was fine with the standard power steering although parking in tight spots is easier with PS+. I had Chrono on my Boxster T and the steering wheel dial certainly makes it easier to access the Sports setting - wish the diamond button could be programmed for Sports setting. What is your current spec ?
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:48 pm
Never had centres nicked from any of my cars or heard of any forum member reporting such thefts.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:48 pm
There is a small tool that comes with them so you can remove them(same for non coloured ones). You can also change them after market.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Again there are loads of opinions on options

We had surround on the Dogs previous two Nissan Leafs - didn't really think it helped anymore than the dipping mirror for parking

I do like LCA as there are just that, blind spots. Not going to say they have saved me but as one supermarket says, "every little helps"

We have Ali finish and I like it - breaks up our black interior

Sports Chrono not worth it in SUV and according to my sales Exec, not expected in non sports car porches

Personally didn't like power steering plus

Always get the heated steering wheel !

Had colour crests on our 981 - they started to faded. On my 928 they are really faded. Stick with normal
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S