New purchase

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:51 pm Welcome.

Suggestions:-

Delete the puddle lights

Add Surround Cam, rear and rear quarter vision is pretty poor.

Add spare wheel and buy a can of sealant later, a compressor is included with the spare. You then have options.

I disagree with those that say black window surrounds, the bright standard surrounds give definition to the great lines of the car.

The S has nearly 400bhp so no you do not need Sports Chrono unless you are a boy racer.

I have driven Macan’s for six years and the rear privacy glass has worked well and it certainly looks better than physical pull down screens which I know our Grandkids would fiddle with.

If you do carry rear passengers then consider adding the rear side airbags.

PDLS+ does work well on my Turbo, it is really beneficial is another matter, only if you will drive in very dark country lanes then yes it is beneficial but on most A and B roads I simply do not notice any benefit.

Heated steering wheel, great, I love mine. Heated seats have been used about 20 times in the five years I have had my Macan.

Seats, 18 way are a very snug fit due to the size of the rear and squab bolsters and they do not give much squirm room on long journeys so do test drive Macans with 18 and 14 way seats to ensure you include the seats that suit you. Some members with 18 way seats have said they do not sit in the seats more on them and the squab bolster hinders entry and egress. 14 way for me are the better option for long term comfort.

Finally air suspension, I love mine, my previous Macan just had PASM and for us air is a much smoother ride. There is a big BUT coming, in that if you have not had a long test drive in a Macan with air please do so before locking down your spec as many owners find air has to much wallow and motion sickness has been induced in some of the members.
Agree with Col, apart from:

I aint a boy racer and added sports chrono - Love it. Great to change engine and suspension settings at the twist of a button and also just hit the sports button when required. Not sure why you'd be classed as a boy racer to have that.

I also disagree on the window surrounds - The black surrounds look so much better - but each to their own. I am sure if the chrome was a favourable option, it would be an additional item on the confuserator, not standard.

Air suspension is perfect - Wouldn't change that. Only a "few" owners have reported wallow and motion sickness, not "many" so don't agree that many owners have that issue.

Cheers

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

MacanSman wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:08 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:51 pm Welcome.

Suggestions:-

Delete the puddle lights

Add Surround Cam, rear and rear quarter vision is pretty poor.

Add spare wheel and buy a can of sealant later, a compressor is included with the spare. You then have options.

I disagree with those that say black window surrounds, the bright standard surrounds give definition to the great lines of the car.

The S has nearly 400bhp so no you do not need Sports Chrono unless you are a boy racer.

I have driven Macan’s for six years and the rear privacy glass has worked well and it certainly looks better than physical pull down screens which I know our Grandkids would fiddle with.

If you do carry rear passengers then consider adding the rear side airbags.

PDLS+ does work well on my Turbo, it is really beneficial is another matter, only if you will drive in very dark country lanes then yes it is beneficial but on most A and B roads I simply do not notice any benefit.

Heated steering wheel, great, I love mine. Heated seats have been used about 20 times in the five years I have had my Macan.

Seats, 18 way are a very snug fit due to the size of the rear and squab bolsters and they do not give much squirm room on long journeys so do test drive Macans with 18 and 14 way seats to ensure you include the seats that suit you. Some members with 18 way seats have said they do not sit in the seats more on them and the squab bolster hinders entry and egress. 14 way for me are the better option for long term comfort.

Finally air suspension, I love mine, my previous Macan just had PASM and for us air is a much smoother ride. There is a big BUT coming, in that if you have not had a long test drive in a Macan with air please do so before locking down your spec as many owners find air has to much wallow and motion sickness has been induced in some of the members.
Agree with Col, apart from:

I aint a boy racer and added sports chrono - Love it. Great to change engine and suspension settings at the twist of a button and also just hit the sports button when required. Not sure why you'd be classed as a boy racer to have that.

I also disagree on the window surrounds - The black surrounds look so much better - but each to their own. I am sure if the chrome was a favourable option, it would be an additional item on the confuserator, not standard.

Air suspension is perfect - Wouldn't change that. Only a "few" owners have reported wallow and motion sickness, not "many" so don't agree that many owners have that issue.

Cheers

Agree with the comments above ref Sport chrono. I suspect Col doesn't have the version with the control knob on the steering wheel so hasn't witnessed the benefit to it?
I prefer the black window trim as well, but many owners on here wouldn't have had the choice years ago so will have grown up with the chrome trim. I think chrome can work well on certain colours, but personally, I prefer the black to make it look more sporty and modern.

I've only read a couple of folk have had issues with the air, and apparently 1 of those wished they'd optioned it after anyway. I feel the ride is perfect on air, but I didn't test a non Air car so my comment may be worth nothing.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Welcome aboard

Decent enough spec and also agree on puddle lights !!

Had similar car to ours eg wheel size etc alongside ours with air but without air for a week or so when my 992 lunched it’s turbo.

Air is defo smoother with no downsides I could detect
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
KaspaBoy

Post by KaspaBoy »

Hello all

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNJSH4V5

so I think this is my final budget build .. we are happy with it but your thoughts welcome, plus on the limit of our budget to be honest
I have taken feedback and advice

very best regards
Nick
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Don’t fancy the space saver wheel as apposed to the gunk?

Will get you out of more issues eg ripped sidewall
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
KaspaBoy

Post by KaspaBoy »

Hello Tracky

I did see the collapsible spare wheel ... there is a 18 inch and a 19 inch (my spec has 20 inch wheels) so assuming I would go for the 19 inch spare ?
thanks for the heads up

regards
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

KaspaBoy wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:20 pm Hello Tracky

I did see the collapsible spare wheel ... there is a 18 inch and a 19 inch (my spec has 20 inch wheels) so assuming I would go for the 19 inch spare ?
thanks for the heads up

regards
Not sure off top of my head but the bigger one seems the obvious choice
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

If I remember correctly, 18” is the correct version. Both have same diameter when inflated but the 19” version is used for the larger brakes option if specified.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Dealer will know,....hopefully !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
New User

Post by New User »

Looks great if you can resist the urge to spend more after you have paid your deposit :D .

Echoing Col Lamb's advice make sure you get to test drive the 18 ways. Your dealer should be more flexible about testing different configs once you have paid your deposit. I was fine with the bolsters on the seat back but the ones on the base meant that I was one of those sitting on them rather than sitting in them (36 in waist) after adjusting them to the open limit. No problem for short drives but I found the comfort seats a better all round choice.

18in collapsable spare is what you need as you don't have higher spec brakes on your config.