New purchase

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
KaspaBoy

Post by KaspaBoy »

Hello Gang

New site for me as have been a true Jaguar land rover enthusiast ..
Current cars .. 70 plate mini cooper s with options and .. (F type Jaguar Coupe V6 3.0 supercharged ) did have a P250 RR Evoque Dynamic now sold for a P300 HST (still on order) ... but thinking for going for a Macan S build spec attach below

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN98X239

thoughts on my spec would be gratefully received

all the best

MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Welcome to the forum!

I'd certainly ditch the puddle lights and heated windscreen to put towards another upgrade such as surround cam, chrono pack or black window
trims.

Cheers
Last edited by MacanSman on Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Welcome.
Looks like a nice conservative spec to me and ticks most of the boxes.
My input would be stick a sunroof on it and you get the curtesy light anyway so you are paying £200 for the projection of the word Porsche - better spending it on getting rid of the chrome window surrounds.
Nice interior but think about jet black rather than metallic? It is entirely a personal choice and I would go with what you like and want in the end…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
KaspaBoy

Post by KaspaBoy »

Thanks team .... very helpful
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I agree with everything MacanSman has said apart from Sports Chrono. Sports Chrono has a very useful Sports Response button but, unless you want to constantly change between normal and sports setup it's probably not worth spending the money on (and yes I did :oops: ).

You certainly should consider at least the reversing camera because the close up view at the rear of the car is restricted. Surround View is so much better and well worth the extra.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

The spec your link goes to has 16k of extras (or 30% of list price). That a pretty high extras to list price ratio and you won’t get much recognition for much of that when the time comes to sell. Also, if you’re PCPing that spec a GTS could well be cheaper because the extras are pretty much paid for over the period of the PCP. I think that £1000 of extras adds £20-£25 a month so a PCP on your spec will be expensive.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
New User

Post by New User »

Welcome.

Lots of good advice already and you should spec a reversing cam instead of PDLS+ (adds very little to the standard LEDs) and if you want bright window trim then I would ditch the privacy glass on a black car and go with the sunblinds if it is to screen the sun from young ones. If you want privacy glass on a black car then go for the black window trim to keep it coherent. I like the contrasting red seats in your config.

Projecting the word 'Porsche' onto the kerb can be ditched without any regrets and you could get the spacesaver spare.
Last edited by New User on Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Paul1970 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:49 am The spec your link goes to has 16k of extras (or 30% of list price). That a pretty high extras to list price ratio and you won’t get much recognition for much of that when the time comes to sell. Also, if you’re PCPing that spec a GTS could well be cheaper because the extras are pretty much paid for over the period of the PCP. I think that £1000 of extras adds £20-£25 a month so a PCP on your spec will be expensive.
Are you talking about my spec Paul rather than the OP’s??
If so, you are right but I don’t want to wait 12-18 months for a GTS and my deposit is relatively high so my finance cost is not particularly onerous.
My intention is to keep the car at least five years and possibly longer so the spec is what I want rather than for future financial consideration.
You are right though, I am aware it is over specced but the waiting time for a GTS means it may as well not exist at the moment for me 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:11 am
Paul1970 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:49 am The spec your link goes to has 16k of extras (or 30% of list price). That a pretty high extras to list price ratio and you won’t get much recognition for much of that when the time comes to sell. Also, if you’re PCPing that spec a GTS could well be cheaper because the extras are pretty much paid for over the period of the PCP. I think that £1000 of extras adds £20-£25 a month so a PCP on your spec will be expensive.
Are you talking about my spec Paul rather than the OP’s??
If so, you are right but I don’t want to wait 12-18 months for a GTS and my deposit is relatively high so my finance cost is not particularly onerous.
My intention is to keep the car at least five years and possibly longer so the spec is what I want rather than for future financial consideration.
You are right though, I am aware it is over specced but the waiting time for a GTS means it may as well not exist at the moment for me 😂
Sorry, I had clicked on your spec instead of the OP so you got my unsolicited view. However your points all make sense and I agree that with the wait time for the GTS radical solutions are required.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Suggestions:-

Delete the puddle lights

Add Surround Cam, rear and rear quarter vision is pretty poor.

Add spare wheel and buy a can of sealant later, a compressor is included with the spare. You then have options.

I disagree with those that say black window surrounds, the bright standard surrounds give definition to the great lines of the car.

The S has nearly 400bhp so no you do not need Sports Chrono unless you are a boy racer.

I have driven Macan’s for six years and the rear privacy glass has worked well and it certainly looks better than physical pull down screens which I know our Grandkids would fiddle with.

If you do carry rear passengers then consider adding the rear side airbags.

PDLS+ does work well on my Turbo, it is really beneficial is another matter, only if you will drive in very dark country lanes then yes it is beneficial but on most A and B roads I simply do not notice any benefit.

Heated steering wheel, great, I love mine. Heated seats have been used about 20 times in the five years I have had my Macan.

Seats, 18 way are a very snug fit due to the size of the rear and squab bolsters and they do not give much squirm room on long journeys so do test drive Macans with 18 and 14 way seats to ensure you include the seats that suit you. Some members with 18 way seats have said they do not sit in the seats more on them and the squab bolster hinders entry and egress. 14 way for me are the better option for long term comfort.

Finally air suspension, I love mine, my previous Macan just had PASM and for us air is a much smoother ride. There is a big BUT coming, in that if you have not had a long test drive in a Macan with air please do so before locking down your spec as many owners find air has to much wallow and motion sickness has been induced in some of the members.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags