New to Porsche.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
PabloH

Post by PabloH »

Hi all, I have just bought a 15' Macan S 3l Diesel 34k miles, so far so good, what a drive and with decent mpg too. I came from a 14' Mercedes 500 CL, awesome car but at 14mpg on my commute, it just had to go. It's not a heavily specced' car, but has heated the steering and seats, electric towbar, park assist, Porsche satnav and jukebox along with the standard stuff, enough for me. Over the years I've had various other 4x4's, Range Rover, BMW, Shogun, Landcruiser etc and it's lovely to have one with plenty of go as well as that elevated driving position.
Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and I hope I can get some advice and answers to any problems or queries that come up, cheers.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum. I owned a 2015 SD for five years and 43.5k miles. It was a great car, so I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Welcome and let's hope there aren't any problems! 🤞
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D

They are great machines :D :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Good choice.

Couple of things to keep an eye on, DPF can give issues if it does not get long enough trips for regen to complete, some Macans suffer transfer box issues and Porsche seem to have a 7 year warranty on them.

40k service will come up soon, so do ring around for quotes
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags