Intro + how to? PCM and adaptive cruise

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hauns4

Post by Hauns4 »

Hi,

I am sincere Wednesday a proud owner of a 2017 SD in black/black. I am Austrian and owned previously an Audi A3 and A4 convertible with the last one bought in California and shipped to Europe. I live in London for 10 years now and finally got back in car ownership.

I am still waiting to get all extras from the OPC, but I thought it’s a great way to pick the knowledge of the forum.

1) How does adaptive cruise work? My Macan has the speed sign and the green lane assistant logo active in the display but it seems to do nothing.

2) how does PCM connect work in relation of the App and the sim card? Worth even thinking about it?

Thank you and a great feeling to finally own a P

Best,
Hannes
Macan S Diesel, 2017
black
20in

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If if have the paper manuals, they will explain in detail.

You can also go to the App Store of your mobile phone, search Good To Know.

Download it and start it up and select the correct manual for your car, you then have the manual in electronic form. Inside the App there are links to instructional videos which will help.

ACC once set is only adaptive to other vehicles, it does not recognise speed signs and hence it does not reduces the speed of the vehicle.

Porsche is u/s with its naming, there is Connect and Car Connect, both very different. Car Connect is a very approximate and flaky Tracker system which is subscription based and the fees relate to the various level of dubious service provided. Connect is the infotainment system that is subscription based once the free two years from new period expires. To activate Connect you need a My Porsche account.

Additionally in car streaming services and WiFi need a data source and a SIM card slot is located under the drop down flap where you will also find two SD card slots for you music. A preloaded SIM will enable the features.

BTW, in addition to the SD card slots there is an inbuilt 10gB hard drive available for your music files
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hauns4

Post by Hauns4 »

Thank you Col,

The ACC seems not to recognize the car ahead. I used it in Audi and VW and it was pretty sensitive.

Regarding the Manual, I have started to read it but wanted to check the forum in regards to real-life use of those features around sim card and onboard wifi.

I saw the jukebox, but probably I end up using my iPhone most of the time…
Macan S Diesel, 2017
black
20in
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Make a note of your VIN number, go to an OPC and get them to print out the spec of your SD.

It will verify if you have ACC installed, Cruise Control is standard but it is the ancient tech fixed speed type, ACC is a paid for extra.

If on the Cruise Control stalk facing you there is a flat switch that operates in an up/down non latching mode ACC is fitted if it is not there you have standard cruise. This control is basically the distance sensitivity to the vehicle ahead.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hauns4

Post by Hauns4 »

Yes I will check with OPC once I got the V5.

Thank you for your comments
Macan S Diesel, 2017
black
20in
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum. I used to work for a Linz based company so have visited Austria many times.

Are you sure your car has ACC? if it does you will see the radar dome at the front of the car as shown below.

Macan 2.jpg

Also, the steering column arm for setting cruise control should show instructions for varying the distance between you and the car in front.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Hauns4

Post by Hauns4 »

Thank you! Luna is beautiful…

Ok. I guess I don’t have it. I was missing that sensor already, but when I saw the sign in the dashboard it created hope.
Macan S Diesel, 2017
black
20in