New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Hi everyone, as the title suggests i’m brand new to this forum, so new in fact that i haven’t even picked up my Macan yet. Unfortunately i won’t get my hands on it till Thursday this week. Not a new one, it’s a 2015 plate 3.0 Diesel S in Black, with black leather interior, low miles and full service history so i’m quite excited to get my hands on it.
This is my first Porsche as well so i know absolutely nothing about them so feel free to educate me and keep me on the straight and narrow.

Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Welcome, and don't worry that you haven't got it yet, there are plenty of us who have absolutely no idea when we're likely to get ours!
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Welcome to the forum!. Actually, as you are getting your Macan in a few days, you will have it far in advance of many who still have months (or year+) to wait for theirs !
Would love to see some photos when you have your S.
Enjoy your ownership!
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum, Derek! :)

Don’t worry. Many/most of us joined the forum before taking delivery of our Macan! ;)

Looking forward to your pics & first impressions!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I’m sure you will not be disappointed, from a DS owner. It’s quiet and smooth, not like some tractor like diesels, without referring to any particular make/model. Great mpg, and torque to match. I’m sure the world wants to turn, if you accelerate hard.😂😂
Do enjoy.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Don’t worry about not having a Macan, many past and present members including myself joined before we picked up our Macan’s.

One even did a two hundred plus mile test drive from their home dealer to Lincoln and back, to see us as we were having a meet up the of forum members at a hotel outside Lincoln.

Your SD is pretty bullet proof but it does have issues you need to be aware of, DPF can clog up if the car is only used for town work, transfer case can be problematic (so get this thoroughly checked out as there is a seven year warranty on it), discs can wear out rapidly and cost an arm and a leg for an OPC to effect a repair. Plenty of threads on the issues within the forum but as I have only covered 30k miles in Macan’s other members have covered many more miles and will be in a better position than I to advise on issues they have experienced.

Check if there is a spare in the boot as it is an extra, if there is none do buy a couple of cans of sealant/inflator or a tyre repair kit.

In 2015 there was a change to the main lcd screen and system this effectively took the Macan from Gen 1A to Gen 1B

Other paid for options in the early Macans like mobile phone preparation, sat nav, rear seat heating zone became standard in the Gen 1B versions.

If you take the VIN number to an OPC they can print out the actual spec which will include the options which buyers have included and these can vary from c£3k to £20k+ in cost.

Finally the MFD will show MPG, do take this with a pinch of salt, on two Macans mine read about 10% higher than actual.

Good luck with your Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

Would suggest you only have premium diesel, keeps a good engine very quite.
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Many thanks for the welcome messages and advice, it’s very much appreciated.

One burning question i have already is: Is it possible to retro-fit a reversing camera? If so which one and where can i get hold of one?
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I have run my SD for the last two and a half years, I only ever use premium BP diesel and I have the oil changed every 7 or 8 thousand miles, never had a single issue with the engine. I have just sold mine and I have a spare wheel kit for sale if interested?

They are fantastic cars, but as said above, they are not without issues. Having said that, there was one on Autotrader last week with 150k miles, so they obviously can do it.

Good luck and don’t forget the pictures.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Our SD is approaching 100k. Couple of things you might not know - the gearbox needs a service every 40k. Independents can do it for around £250 whereas from Porsche its around £450.

With other cars, a set of brake discs will probably do two (or maybe three?) sets of pads; not so with McCanns. They are heavy on rear brakes compared to ordinary cars.

I got (honestly, guv) 60,000 miles from a set of Michelin All Season tyres (I could not believe it either). Mind you, most of our mileage is done on dual carriageways / motorways.

The rear seats cannot comfortably carry three adults for any length of time.

We regularly achieve 35mpg.

Great cars - one of the very best I have ever owned and we would have replaced ours ina heartbeat if Porsche hadn't stopped making them.
Macan S D
718 S