New Member - Stuck in Emden

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Websteri

Post by Websteri »

Hi All

Just thought I'd say "Hello" having just joined the forum. I have a Macan S on order (since April as I was keen to get hold of the Gen3) which, as far as I can tell from the OPC updates, has been built but has been stuck at Emden waiting for a crossing since at least 19 October (which sounds like a long time to me but what can you do?). Here's the spec... http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNUVZU6

Great forum. Am really enjoying looking through the posts whilst I wait.

Ftb

Post by Ftb »

Think my car is at Endam same as yours the same time scale
Was told by my SE a lot of Macans on hold there with no idea when they might ship
Not ideal
Here’s hoping and waiting 🤬🤬
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It has happened previously and usually it has been down to (1) paperwork issues (2) minor parts defects that will be cleared once replacements have been fitted.

Post BREXIT it may well be politically motivated.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Websteri wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:29 am Hi All

Just thought I'd say "Hello" having just joined the forum. I have a Macan S on order (since April as I was keen to get hold of the Gen3) which, as far as I can tell from the OPC updates, has been built but has been stuck at Emden waiting for a crossing since at least 19 October (which sounds like a long time to me but what can you do?). Here's the spec... http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNUVZU6

Great forum. Am really enjoying looking through the posts whilst I wait.
My build date was the 15th October. The car is still stuck at Emden and was meant to be on the boat arriving today. SE has no further info.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi Websteri and welcome to the forum.

When I read the thread heading, I thought you were stuck in Emden :lol:

My car was completed on 3 July 2020 and I collected it from the OPC on 5 August so your car is within the normal delivery range.

Porsche share ships with Volkswagen and VW are trying to recover from the chip shortage. Your car could well be just waiting for a space.

Enjoy it when it arrives.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
BCR1970

Post by BCR1970 »

Hello Websteri, hopefully you get it soon.. love volcano
2019 Gen 2, Macan base, dolomite silver.
2022 Gen 3 GTS Volcano Grey
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

This week I also heard the words “your vehicle is now in Emden”. I’m waiting for a Cayenne so will be interesting to see how long it takes to find a ship.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Paul1970 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:47 pm This week I also heard the words “your vehicle is now in Emden”. I’m waiting for a Cayenne so will be interesting to see how long it takes to find a ship.
Does it have headlights and wheels? 😂
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

It could be that its waiting for parts, before its shipped. Your SA should be able to check it on the Porsche system. Mine checked and noted, although my car is on its way to Australia, its go a stop sale until the bose amp and headlight self levelling can be fitted.
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Papeto wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:56 pm It could be that its waiting for parts, before its shipped. Your SA should be able to check it on the Porsche system. Mine checked and noted, although my car is on its way to Australia, its go a stop sale until the bose amp and headlight self levelling can be fitted.
SE’s in the UK don’t seem quite so forthcoming. Usually they just shrug, roll their eyes at the very idea of you asking them a question, and say they have no idea. Apparently the system doesn’t give them that much information, and Porsche AG don’t give them any answers when they are asked.