New Macan gen 3

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

Very nice spec - interior and exterior is the same as my build, so you have great taste ;). I went with the chrome accents and standard wheels though (personal prefrence and budget). You may also want to spec your car as a GTS and see the price difference - it maybe close as the wheels and full leather spec is cheaper on the GTS and sport chrono and sport exhaust is standard on the GTS. Have fun speccing your car - usually takes about 500 turns;)
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Papeto wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:00 am Very nice spec - interior and exterior is the same as my build, so you have great taste ;). I went with the chrome accents and standard wheels though (personal prefrence and budget). You may also want to spec your car as a GTS and see the price difference - it maybe close as the wheels and full leather spec is cheaper on the GTS and sport chrono and sport exhaust is standard on the GTS. Have fun speccing your car - usually takes about 500 turns;)
Small point but Sport Chrono is not standard on the GTS it's a £704 option. 😊
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:05 pm
BanZ wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:00 pm
Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:55 pm

Why!?
Relay theft taking advantage of keyless entry has become a common theft method. Yes there are things you can do to reduce the risk, but I’d rather not have the risk in the first place as a personal preference.
The Porsche keys go to sleep to prevent this.
Personally I wouldn't spec keyless entry and I think Porsche put the warning with the feature and don't fit it as standard for a reason.

I would still be very careful in any public car park, especially motorway service stations.

Tech is constantly being tested by villains and what might be safe today isn't necessarily safe tomorrow.

Colleagues have had their JLR vehicles emptied of kit by relay theft by vermin who scan their keys as they parked!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:38 am
Relay theft taking advantage of keyless entry has become a common theft method. Yes there are things you can do to reduce the risk, but I’d rather not have the risk in the first place as a personal preference.
Personally I wouldn't spec keyless entry and I think Porsche put the warning with the feature and don't fit it as standard for a reason.

I would still be very careful in any public car park, especially motorway service stations.

Tech is constantly being tested by villains and what might be safe today isn't necessarily safe tomorrow.

Colleagues have had their JLR vehicles emptied of kit by relay theft by vermin who scan their keys as they parked!
Had my Aston emptied of all its contents whilst left in a “secure” Aston main dealer compound over night. Apparently its easier for the dealer to move cars around if they leave them unlocked with the keys in. Apparently their security cameras are “just for show”, their words not mine. They replaced everything really quickly with the same or better, but really not the point. I had an ipod ( yes, i know, Aston infotainment is a bit last century) that had an inscription from my wife and loads of family pictures on it. Can’t really replace that.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

In addition I've heard several stories of people, maybe new to "keyless", going back to "check it was locked", personally as I get more befuddled with the passage of time that's one worry I can do without!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:26 am In addition I've heard several stories of people, maybe new to "keyless", going back to "check it was locked", personally as I get more befuddled with the passage of time that's one worry I can do without!
+1 🤣
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

JLR are the worst for this

Mate had his Range Rover Sport nicked off the drive - funny
Thing is, it took him a couple of days to notice it was missing ! 😂
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:19 pm

based on the comments from my mate with a RR Autobiography (bloody stupid name for a £100k+ car) I'm surprised they made it more than 100 yards without it breaking down.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:28 pm

based on the comments from my mate with a RR Autobiography (bloody stupid name for a £100k+ car) I'm surprised they made it more than 100 yards without it breaking down.
His mum has had more trouble with her £140k cayenne turbo than either of them have ever had with their range rovers
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:54 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:28 pm

His mum has had more trouble with her £140k cayenne turbo than either of them have ever had with their range rovers
to be fair, the only things that went wrong with my Freelander were things you’d expect given its 160,000 miles. However his RR was in the shop more than it was on the road.