Macan S Order Placed

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MattS

Post by MattS »

Sweetmeister wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:19 pm
BanZ wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:37 pm I think everything is a personal opinion I guess that’s why there are so many threads about options. You have to decide if you like the advice you are given and how much of it you want to follow. Best bet if you get given a curve ball is build it on the configurator, see what it looks like and costs and go from there. Personally I haven’t gone for a highly optioned S for example but I can easily see why someone might want one which costs the same as a base GTS. Each to their own, in my humble opinion they are all great cars(unless you have coloured wheels that match the car body ;))
Agree with above, option the car for you and nobody else, personally I think the standard S wheels look too small, so for me 21’s are a must and probably black on black! :D
Thanks both- I will definitely option the car for me!

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Just make sure you compare the cars as a high speed S takes you into GTS territory which may be better value for you.
Though you might not get the car until 2024 at this rate!!!!
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

MattS wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:24 am
sd1985 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:29 pm
Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:26 pm

So you’ve basically ripped his/her car apart !!
He wanted opinions on a public forum, so that’s what he got.
No right/wrong but just what I think
More than happy to have the spec ripped apart- if you would change bits feel free to tell me! (Doesn’t mean I’ll listen but the debate will probably help me to prioritise what I really want).

I do agree with spending more money on the inside. Ideally I’d like to see a base interior but I doubt any dealers will have one in a low spec- perhaps some people on this forum will!

If I drop options to spend on the inside it would be bose and the sports exhaust first so we’re on the same page there. Again appreciate your comments on papaya but personally I do like it- each to their own!

I probably wouldn’t bother with the reversing camera- I’ve not owned an SUV before but I’ve had it on ‘large’ cars like a Merc C350e and I never used it, I’m fine with just having the sensors: so the saving there with potentially the Bose and PSE I can look to spend on making the interior better.

Thanks for your comments!
I would avoid the 8 ways seats 100% - for both comfort and materials used.
BOSE are not worth £800 - I’ve owned with and without and genuinely struggle to tell the difference.
PSE is a nice feature but expensive, I’d spec it but not if on a budget.
I find heated windscreen is really goo in winter, defrosts front in about 1 minute which is great.
Interior leather is a nice touch as well, the leatherette they use with standard spec is nice and durable but the leather has a premium feel when in the car.
We use reversing camera every single day, couldn’t do without it. Probably my number one option.

Good luck with the Confuserator
MattS

Post by MattS »

sd1985 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:50 am
MattS wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:24 am
sd1985 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:29 pm

He wanted opinions on a public forum, so that’s what he got.
No right/wrong but just what I think
More than happy to have the spec ripped apart- if you would change bits feel free to tell me! (Doesn’t mean I’ll listen but the debate will probably help me to prioritise what I really want).

I do agree with spending more money on the inside. Ideally I’d like to see a base interior but I doubt any dealers will have one in a low spec- perhaps some people on this forum will!

If I drop options to spend on the inside it would be bose and the sports exhaust first so we’re on the same page there. Again appreciate your comments on papaya but personally I do like it- each to their own!

I probably wouldn’t bother with the reversing camera- I’ve not owned an SUV before but I’ve had it on ‘large’ cars like a Merc C350e and I never used it, I’m fine with just having the sensors: so the saving there with potentially the Bose and PSE I can look to spend on making the interior better.

Thanks for your comments!
I would avoid the 8 ways seats 100% - for both comfort and materials used.
BOSE are not worth £800 - I’ve owned with and without and genuinely struggle to tell the difference.
PSE is a nice feature but expensive, I’d spec it but not if on a budget.
I find heated windscreen is really goo in winter, defrosts front in about 1 minute which is great.
Interior leather is a nice touch as well, the leatherette they use with standard spec is nice and durable but the leather has a premium feel when in the car.
We use reversing camera every single day, couldn’t do without it. Probably my number one option.

Good luck with the Confuserator
Thanks! Had another go- removed bose, speed limit indicator and painted door handles saving £1,187; i.e. about the same price as the 14 way seats and the seats probably on balance offer more. I'm hanging onto the PSE for now too which makes the Bose even less important- tbh when I test drove an S (with the PSE) I turned the volume all the way down so I could hear it!

Tempted by the leather interior upgrade as well for the more premium feel throughout but left it off for now. Will think about driver aids but empty for now- my current car doesn't have any of them listed (apart from auto emergency breaking!) and I don't feel I'm missing them. May get ACC for the emergency breaking on that basis though. Never had it kick in before but you never know...
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Percymon wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:37 pm Nice spec.

Makes me laugh that 20 years ago you’d have to pay to get the door handles and mirrors painted, now you have to pay extra to have them black!
Just to add..

Love Papaya - looks fantastic in bright light and subdued in dull weather - still stands out from all the greys and blacks.

Bose - having had it in a few cars, including Porsches, it wouldn't be the first box i ticked on the option list - its OK but its hardly a huge step up for the premium asked; I'm not a fan of BOSE home audio systems either, I'm sure others are BOSE fans though.

I'm looking for a used Macan S D currently and i'm dismissing any vehicles with non leather interiors - whilst the 'alcantara' sections are good for gripping the body, they just don't look premium enough to my eyes. Leather and 14 way seats weren't exactly my top priority when i started looking, but they quickly got to the top of my filters on prospective cars. They certainly seem to command higher used prices, and 'saleability'. I can understand the fabrics on a base spec where not everyone wants to add 10s of K of options, buying to brand and budget, but once you move into an S and start adding extras leather should be one of the first items IMO - after all its one of the biggest surfaces in the interior and one you touch and look at more than any other part of the car.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The standard interior quality is high and the 8-way seats are excellent. Having test driven several demonstartor Macans over extended periods, had day long service loan Macans and driving Macans at three PEC Silverstone days - I have had good experience of all the seat options and materials used. I chose 8-way for both of my cars. They are extremely comfortable, support and enjoyable on 200 mile + journeys.

Gen 2 GTS 8-way in black Alcantara

2020-06-01 (4).jpg

Gen 1 SD 8-way in Agate gey Alcantara

2017-05-02 (5).JPG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MattS

Post by MattS »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:59 am The standard interior quality is high and the 8-way seats are excellent. Having test driven several demonstartor Macans over extended periods, had day long service loan Macans and driving Macans at three PEC Silverstone days - I have had good experience of all the seat options and materials used. I chose 8-way for both of my cars. They are extremely comfortable, support and enjoyable on 200 mile + journeys.

2020-06-01 (4).jpg

2017-05-02 (5).JPG
If the middle of the seats in the S were alcantara like in the GTS I'd probably stick with them as I really like the alcantara in my current car and probably prefer it to full leather. However having seen some images of the standard sport-tex seats this morning they don't look particularly nice from what I can tell- though I'd like to see them in person!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MattS wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:14 am
SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:59 am The standard interior quality is high and the 8-way seats are excellent. Having test driven several demonstartor Macans over extended periods, had day long service loan Macans and driving Macans at three PEC Silverstone days - I have had good experience of all the seat options and materials used. I chose 8-way for both of my cars. They are extremely comfortable, support and enjoyable on 200 mile + journeys.

2020-06-01 (4).jpg

2017-05-02 (5).JPG
If the middle of the seats in the S were alcantara like in the GTS I'd probably stick with them as I really like the alcantara in my current car and probably prefer it to full leather. However having seen some images of the standard sport-tex seats this morning they don't look particularly nice from what I can tell- though I'd like to see them in person!
Yes do view and try before you buy.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

2020-06-01 (4).jpg

2017-05-02 (5).JPG
And on the GTS the 8 way seats have leather outer sections and not leatherette like the S and Base 8 ways.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
MattS

Post by MattS »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:25 am

2020-06-01 (4).jpg

2017-05-02 (5).JPG
And on the GTS the 8 way seats have leather outer sections and not leatherette like the S and Base 8 ways.
Good point- agreed