New member and 2022 MacanS entering build

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

hood69 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:56 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:56 am
Don’t forget you are getting last years GTS power plant in this years S for less money, so it sounds like a good deal to me.

Yes he is but you don't get the GTS extras.
If you add them up the new S is about 2K more than the old GTS.
You may or may not want those extras but it's not as simple as saying it's last years GTS power plant for less money.
The GTS models have always been about the whole package and with a more sporting set up.
Historically they also depreciate at a lesser rate if it's about the financial aspect.
EXACTLY!
can’t compare the two, irrespective of which generation (I.e. gen 3 S versus a gen 2 GTS).

S is a great great car, so is the GTS - but they are different.

hood69

Post by hood69 »

BanZ wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:09 pm
Its hard to say what will happen with depreciation this time around though, with the turbo being removed from the lineup. Do the GTS' depreciate at the rate of the old turbo or the old GTS? Does the S depreciate at the rate of the old S or the old GTS etc. Whats in a name... as one poet once put it.
I agree and that's why I said historically.
Omni seems to be getting hung up about this S versus GTS (I know a lot of it is tongue in cheek).
For my money the biggest jump from Gen2 to Gen3 is with the S and it's a great proposition for those not wanting to go crazy adding the more sporty additions of the GTS.
Different strokes for different folks.
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:23 pm ...and will all ICE cars depreciate more or less than they used to...?! 🤪
Here’s hoping 🤞🏻
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018