Hi! Just joined looking for a Macan

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

GTS plus 18 way seats and minimal other extras is the way to go if it is not to be a long term keeper.

Pano add light to a dark internal, five+ years of Macan ownership and you can count on one hand the number of times mine has been open whilst on the move but the blind has been permanently open.

Checkout other non Porsche PCP deals if this is the way you want to go, others used to be better value than what the OPC offers.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:21 pm GTS plus 18 way seats and minimal other extras is the way to go if it is not to be a long term keeper.

Pano add light to a dark internal, five+ years of Macan ownership and you can count on one hand the number of times mine has been open whilst on the move but the blind has been permanently open.

Checkout other non Porsche PCP deals if this is the way you want to go, others used to be better value than what the OPC offers.
Thank you. This is insightful. I have a year left on my PCP with the S5 so planning now just so I dont have to rush. Current status is if I hand my car back (or webuyanycar it) It turns out I have about £4k equity after settlement. Cant be sure it will be that amount in few months down the line when production resumes
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
RAA

Post by RAA »

Over my last three years as a forum member, I have read about so many Macan drivers have had problems with their pano roofs' leaking - wet carpets and seats resulting. When I placed my order for a Gen. 2 S, I decided to omit that option, despite the OPC sales guy trying to persuade me. I've never had one in the past, and am glad I don't have one now.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^^ Just for balance - two Macans both with panoramic and 4 years experience - never had a leak. Never garaged, so exposed to any rain 24/7.

Large twin glass panels flood the dark interior with light. Have the roof fully open often and on tilt even more.

Rarely draw the blind, but have used it in the last week with the high temperates [28-30C] we've experienced. On parking and locking-up, you can leave the roof on tilt and the blind then does not fully close, but leaves a small ventilation gap. On returning to the car, also find that being able to hold down the unlock button on the key to fully open all windows very useful, shortly before getting in the oven, that is the Macan in these conditions! If you haven't left the roof in the tilt position, this action will also open it. 8-)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:56 pm ^^^^ Just for balance - two Macans both with panoramic and 4 years experience - never had a leak. Never garaged, so exposed to any rain 24/7.

Large twin glass panels flood the dark interior with light. Have the roof fully open often and on tilt even more.

Rarely draw the blind, but have used it in the last week with the high temperates [28-30C] we've experienced. On parking and locking-up, you can leave the roof on tilt and the blind then does not fully close, but leaves a small ventilation gap. On returning to the car, also find that being able to hold down the unlock button on the key to fully open all windows very useful, shortly before getting in the oven, that is the Macan in these conditions! If you haven't left the roof in the tilt position, this action will also open it. 8-)
its a "must-have" option for me. My current car has a Pano and has never leaked. Had a Landrover with a sunroof and I may as well have just left it open all the time. The car is just too dark inside without a Pano.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

This is my final build. I have just 1 area I'm not sure about and that's the GT steering wheel. Not 100% sure there's that much difference any more. Need to get the final build to the OPC on Monday and then I'm locked-in

PNQ4WJ68
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQ4WJ68
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:39 pm This is my final build. I have just 1 area I'm not sure about and that's the GT steering wheel. Not 100% sure there's that much difference any more. Need to get the final build to the OPC on Monday and then I'm locked-in

PNQ4WJ68
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQ4WJ68
Unless things of changed lock down is at six weeks before build date…….
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

I'm with SAC1 all the way. Before my Macan I always had a sunroof until I bought a CR-V with a panoramic non-opening glass roof. That made me vow I'd never buy another car that didn't offer an opening option.
Nearly four years into this car, I'm delighted with the roof - no probs at all.