New to Porsche

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Redtaz

Post by Redtaz »

Hi Everyone

After many years of looking. I've taken the plunge and headed away from BMW and bought a 2017 Macan Turbo
I've been looking on here for advice and information for some time.
So a big Thank you for that! You guys helped a lot.

I should be picking it up this week from Porsche main dealer. (can't wait)

IMG_9353.JPG

Macan Turbo
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLYBYHF1
Lotus Evora
2019 Corolla

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your Macan Turbo đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D :D

Lovely looking machine
Redtaz

Post by Redtaz »

Thanks guys

I've not even got the car and already looking what there is out there to change things.
But Don't want to invalidate the warranty the dealer is giving. (are they very picky in looking for non standard parts?)

I liked the look of the Teckart air suspension module. Has any one fitted one?
Macan Turbo
Lotus Evora
2019 Corolla
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Porsche are Very Very picky about non standard parts.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Redtaz

Post by Redtaz »

Thanks Toddie

I think I'll leave that then.
Macan Turbo
Lotus Evora
2019 Corolla
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Drive it for a few thousand miles before you start tinkering with the fundamentals, I think you'll find Porsche know their stuff and even bog standard models are respectable in most ways. Enjoy!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Congrats.

You need to do nothing at all to the suspension, in fact nothing at all to the car unless you want to see an end of the warranty and its value take a massive hit for having non standard and non approved parts fitted.

It is a Turbo hence it has PASM as standard plus you have Sports Chrono so you have the best of all worlds.

The Porsche Active Suspension Management system will give you a very smooth ride as it is, dial in the Sports and Sports+ settings for even more dynamic response and it does not get any better.

If you want the low look with max handling then sorry you bought the wrong car, the Turbo PP was the one you should have chosen as that shares the suspension setup with the GTS which is always the sweet handling car in any Porsche model.

I have Porsche’s air suspension and it does give a smoother ride but not massively so compared to PASM only.

Enjoy it as is.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:41 pm Congrats.

You need to do nothing at all to the suspension, in fact nothing at all to the car unless you want to see an end of the warranty and its value take a massive hit for having non standard and non approved parts fitted.

It is a Turbo hence it has PASM as standard plus you have Sports Chrono so you have the best of all worlds.

The Porsche Active Suspension Management system will give you a very smooth ride as it is, dial in the Sports and Sports+ settings for even more dynamic response and it does not get any better.

If you want the low look with max handling then sorry you bought the wrong car, the Turbo PP was the one you should have chosen as that shares the suspension setup with the GTS which is always the sweet handling car in any Porsche model.

I have Porsche’s air suspension and it does give a smoother ride but not massively so compared to PASM only.

Enjoy it as is.
When I opened his cars code quoted in his signature, the car has Air Sus ACC, surround view and sports chrono plus usual turbo items like 18 way seats
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:41 pm
Enjoy it as is.
Col, why have you resurrected this 7 months on? Am I missing something?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP