Hi and a question please

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pmf95b

Post by Pmf95b »

Good morning all, I am delighted to be looking at a new macan (well a used one) and I like to join forums as I think a lot of knowledge is typically available here and it’s good to get honest views from current owners.

Never owned a Porsche before and I am very excited by the opportunity. Budget is lower end tbh, but the reviews tell this shouldn’t be an issue.

I have a car here that seems to have more rust than I would expect underneath. So right out the box, can I ask what your thoughts are on the condition of this for a 6 year old macan? Written this and. It sure how to post photos yet which would help a lot. I may have to use a photo hosting site. I’ll be right back.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Won’t be expecting any rust so move on and look for the next car. Has it a tow bar and has been reversed down slipways into the sea to launch a boat? See lots of premium SUVs doing that half way up their rear wheels in salt water!
    Pmf95b

Post by Pmf95b »

Hi, this is a picture of the underside, given its a 30k mile car this doesn't look like what I was expecting.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Walk away and find another one. I've never seen rust that bad on a Macan.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
    Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
    Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
    pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:48 pm Walk away and find another one. I've never seen rust that bad on a Macan.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Agree, it looks as though at some stage it has grounded on that area and the protection has been damaged and then the rust has taken over.
    2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
    Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

If that is the only corrosion I would just clean it up and protect with galvafroid or similar (assuming the price is right). If there is more corrosion then walk away.
    June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.