My current favourite options.

The place to discuss everything else..
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Skyway wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:14 pm ……… However I’d be very worried if a heated anything in a Macan was one of the best features of the car. ………
To be fair, the thread title does say “current” favourite options.

IMO, through the winter, a Macan with a heated steering wheel is better than one without.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

AndyC160 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:03 pm I don't have a heated screen....the standard heater seems to clear it very quickly. About 3-4 mins to clear my screen with a pretty thick layer of ice. Just sit there and wait with the heated seat and steering wheel switched on :D no need to be outside in the cold with a scraper
I don’t have heated screen either but prefer scraper as it’s quicker, maybe 30 seconds screen and side window but mostly I don’t like sitting in the car with the blower on full blowing cold air at me 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
crockers

Post by crockers »

This is the first year, for many a year, where winter tyres might prove themselves invaluable. Usually when the really bad weather hits I'm hiding in South Africa.
JJay

Post by JJay »

Today, definitely heated seats with top spot going to heated steering wheel. Had originally specced the heated screen but when I saw a few Macans with it thought the bronze, gold tint looked after market. Seen lots of Corsas and Focuses with body kits and wings with the same look. Went to the OPC viewed two Macans side by side one with and one without, binned and respent the cash. Dolomite with a gold windscreen???
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Yes, the active shutters bring the water temp up very swiftly which in turn heats up the cabin faster than any other car I've ever owned.
Add heated wheel, heated seats... bliss.

Just a shame the HRW didn't work. Back at the OPC currently for a new battery (they think it's that).
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Defo heated seats and steering wheel
Acoustic glass - game changer for long relaxing drives
Air suspension - pure class
Sport Chrono switch - I try to use it as much as poss
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

Perhaps we should also give an honourable mention to PDLS+. It’s a really nice option to have on these dark nights, to see the road ahead lit up when you’re cornering, rather than the lights uselessly illuminating the hedges directly in front of you. Doesn’t make you any warmer but it is nonetheless a good thing to be able to see where you’re going.
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

The first of my daily drivers to have heated seats was an Audi S3 back in 2005 and they've been a must-have in all my daily drivers ever since, particularly on our annual ski pilgrimage to the Alps. Even our Mini has them. Leather seats can be very cold otherwise.

But the Macan is the first I've owned with a heated steering wheel and I must say it is great. We were down in a freezing cold New Forest over the weekend and on long drives, I get cold hands at the best of times, so it really made a difference.

On the heated windscreen front, our Mini also has one of those and it works rather better and quicker than the one in the Macan. Plus it has its own button in the Mini.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Moriarty wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:26 pm Perhaps we should also give an honourable mention to PDLS+. It’s a really nice option to have on these dark nights, to see the road ahead lit up when you’re cornering, rather than the lights uselessly illuminating the hedges directly in front of you. Doesn’t make you any warmer but it is nonetheless a good thing to be able to see where you’re going.
You get this now as standard on the Gen3 PDLS. PDLS+ the option, just adds auto- dipping.
Macan S MY 2023
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Moriarty wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:26 pm Perhaps we should also give an honourable mention to PDLS+. It’s a really nice option to have on these dark nights, to see the road ahead lit up when you’re cornering, rather than the lights uselessly illuminating the hedges directly in front of you. Doesn’t make you any warmer but it is nonetheless a good thing to be able to see where you’re going.
Although the high beam assist is desperately dim-witted and I dislike that there isn't (or I haven't found) a way to disable it with the lights on the auto setting. The same system in my old 2016 BMW worked better.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper