Macan winter/offroad tyres advice needed

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Inquisistent

Post by Inquisistent »

On-Track wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:58 am Yes but only Dunlop show winter tyres on your filter.
I was thinking about all-season tyres, since I'm going to use them almost all year round.
I can see that Michelin Latitude and Pirelli Scorpion Verde seem to comply with Porsche's requirements.

Inquisistent

Post by Inquisistent »

I should be more accurate with the title.
Maybe “All-season tyres with rare winter usage advice needed" would be better 🫣
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Porsche no longer offer All Seasons as an Option, that should tell you something.

As it is All Seasons are a compromise tyre.

If you are concerned about road safety then do go the Winter wheel and tyre route.

Simply swap the sets over in Sept and April, or for a fee your OPC will swap them and store them.

If you plan on driving on the Continent in Winter then you will find that Winter tyres are mandatory in certain countries.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:47 pm Porsche no longer offer All Seasons as an Option, that should tell you something.

As it is All Seasons are a compromise tyre.

If you are concerned about road safety then do go the Winter wheel and tyre route.

Simply swap the sets over in Sept and April, or for a fee your OPC will swap them and store them.

If you plan on driving on the Continent in Winter then you will find that Winter tyres are mandatory in certain countries.
Some recent all seasons like cross climax have the winter mountain symbol and therefore can be used in those countries with that requirement despite not being a full winter tyre. Unfortunately, Porsche have not given any of those N approval yet. Whether that is due to a preference for the extra profit from selling summers and winters wheels sets or not supporting compromise, I will leave for the reader to decide.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8