MY23 vs MY21

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rarecolour
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Rarecolour »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:01 am
Rarecolour wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:14 pm
bennachie wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:47 pm As a running board owner I have never had an issue. It also keeps the car clean. No dirty trousers here...........
You wear shorts, or wellies?
Kilt!
Gotta be careful other things don't drag on them when exiting then :shock:
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

PJV997
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:44 am

Post by PJV997 »

damo2576 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:07 pm Hi,

First post!

I was going to buy a new Macan however leadtimes are too long and I need something now so am looking at a MY21.

My question is what am I missing out on vs a MY23.

I understand the styling changes and touch centre console vs buttons.

But is the touch screen and software the same? And does the MY21 have Apple Car Play? I can't seem to find this info...

Many thanks in advance and welcome any thoughts!
Welcome to the forum.

I also have an issue with 2nd hand prices of 1-2 year old cars. I have an order in for a new Macan which I hope I will get by the end of 2023. I haven’t had a Porsche since 2013, so almost feel new to the marquee given recent technology changes.

I didn’t ‘need’ a car but I spotted a nice 2017 Macan Turbo in Porsche Approved. It was well priced and I thought it would probably cost less running that car for a year than one of our existing cars, so it now sits on the drive. It gives me 6-9 months to experience the car and get re-acquainted with Porsche before I lock down spec on the new Macan order.

So you could also consider something similar. Find a well priced and well specced Gen 1 to run for 12 months and put in an order for a new one as well.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
pstrat
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:01 pm

Post by pstrat »

damo2576 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:33 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:31 pm
damo2576 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:07 pm Hi,

First post!

I was going to buy a new Macan however leadtimes are too long and I need something now so am looking at a MY21.

My question is what am I missing out on vs a MY23.

I understand the styling changes and touch centre console vs buttons.

But is the touch screen and software the same? And does the MY21 have Apple Car Play? I can't seem to find this info...

Many thanks in advance and welcome any thoughts!
Personally, you're gaining by having a 2021. Not a fan of the new design inside and out, and apple car play was on my 2021 Turbo 👍🏻

You looking at base, S, GTS or Turbo?
Am looking at base or perhaps S. Just struggling mentally with paying as much used as I would for a new one!
Precisely why i ordered a new one. Couldn't bring myself to be spending almost the same amount on a 2 year old car which was also inferior (imo). Yes its a long wait but it'll pass soon enough. Plus i view the Gen III as better in all areas. Give it some thought if i were you.
wab172uk
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by wab172uk »

damo2576 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:49 pm
N111BJG wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:38 pm Is it Gen 2 models that you are asking about ?
Yes Gen 2 I believe, actually this one I'm looking at
https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... ed-0ZM05N
Personally, if you want to be spending around the £56,000 mark, and don't feel comfortable paying that for a second hand Macan. Why not ring round some dealers seeing if they have order slots in for a Macan T.

As I found out when I ordered mine, some dealers get cars sooner than others. maybe they pre-order cars knowing they car sell them and get the spec changed. Think a few people on here have got cars coming within months of ordering. While I'm still waiting for mine 13 months later.

I'd rather have a brand new T than the car you're looking at. You then get the latest car, latest tech, and you can tweak the spec as you like, without going too much over the £56k basic RRP.

Just note the APR on new Porsches. Now over 11%. Which is also why you may get a build slot earlier than you think, as I'm sure some people will be backing out due to the rise in monthly payments.
Last edited by wab172uk on Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
EngineerMK
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by EngineerMK »

I was in a similar situation at the end of January; high prices of pre-owned vs long wait for a new car. Tried a three OPC's, initial enquiries met with 6-9 months wait. Then I was offered new S with less than 3 months delivery as they had buyer dropout due to interest rate rises... so I bagged a new S, built to my spec, arriving in April.
damo2576
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Post by damo2576 »

Interesting re finance, I'm paying cash which perhaps puts me in better position
damo2576
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Post by damo2576 »

wab172uk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:43 am
damo2576 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:49 pm
N111BJG wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:38 pm Is it Gen 2 models that you are asking about ?
Yes Gen 2 I believe, actually this one I'm looking at
https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... ed-0ZM05N
Personally, if you want to be spending around the £56,000 mark, and don't feel comfortable paying that for a second hand Macan. Why not ring round some dealers seeing if they have order slots in for a Macan T.

As I found out when I ordered mine, some dealers get cars sooner than others. maybe they pre-order cars knowing they car sell them and get the spec changed. Think a few people on here have got cars coming within months of ordering. While I'm still waiting for mine 13 months later.

I'd rather have a brand new T than the car you're looking at. You then get the latest car, latest tech, and you can tweak the spec as you like, without going too much over the £56k basic RRP.

Just note the APR on new Porsches. Now over 11%. Which is also why you may get a build slot earlier than you think, as I'm sure some people will be backing out due to the rise in monthly payments.
I thought about a T and was actaully offered one in a month or so in exactly the way you mention. I struggle with the point of the T and not sure what you get for the extra c£5k?!
Rarecolour
Posts: 1428
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Rarecolour »

damo2576 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:25 pm
wab172uk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:43 am
damo2576 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:49 pm

Yes Gen 2 I believe, actually this one I'm looking at
https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... ed-0ZM05N
Personally, if you want to be spending around the £56,000 mark, and don't feel comfortable paying that for a second hand Macan. Why not ring round some dealers seeing if they have order slots in for a Macan T.

As I found out when I ordered mine, some dealers get cars sooner than others. maybe they pre-order cars knowing they car sell them and get the spec changed. Think a few people on here have got cars coming within months of ordering. While I'm still waiting for mine 13 months later.

I'd rather have a brand new T than the car you're looking at. You then get the latest car, latest tech, and you can tweak the spec as you like, without going too much over the £56k basic RRP.

Just note the APR on new Porsches. Now over 11%. Which is also why you may get a build slot earlier than you think, as I'm sure some people will be backing out due to the rise in monthly payments.
I thought about a T and was actaully offered one in a month or so in exactly the way you mention. I struggle with the point of the T and not sure what you get for the extra c£5k?!
You get a lot of abuse and questions, upto you if you think the £5k is worth it.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
bennachie
Posts: 1455
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by bennachie »

You guessed it, pal.........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
wab172uk
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by wab172uk »

damo2576 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:25 pm
wab172uk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:43 am
damo2576 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:49 pm

Yes Gen 2 I believe, actually this one I'm looking at
https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... ed-0ZM05N
Personally, if you want to be spending around the £56,000 mark, and don't feel comfortable paying that for a second hand Macan. Why not ring round some dealers seeing if they have order slots in for a Macan T.

As I found out when I ordered mine, some dealers get cars sooner than others. maybe they pre-order cars knowing they car sell them and get the spec changed. Think a few people on here have got cars coming within months of ordering. While I'm still waiting for mine 13 months later.

I'd rather have a brand new T than the car you're looking at. You then get the latest car, latest tech, and you can tweak the spec as you like, without going too much over the £56k basic RRP.

Just note the APR on new Porsches. Now over 11%. Which is also why you may get a build slot earlier than you think, as I'm sure some people will be backing out due to the rise in monthly payments.
I thought about a T and was actaully offered one in a month or so in exactly the way you mention. I struggle with the point of the T and not sure what you get for the extra c£5k?!
You'll get a better car than the one you're looking at, unless the spec of the second hand car is better than the T for options.

At the end of the day, do you want a new car or second hand? The T will be the better handling car. Comes with sports Chrono, and TBH looks pretty good.

If you can get a T in a month or so, it's a no brainer for me. Brand new, your spec / colour etc.

Only you can decide what's best for yourself.
Post Reply

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post