First Porsche - maybe.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
2japs

Post by 2japs »

My Audi S3 purchased new Nov 2020, took out 2 year service plan comprising 1st year oil change, 2nd year major service, monthly cost £19.84 = £476.16 in total.

My previous Macan required an oil change after a year at 3500miles due to my driving lifestyle of mainly short journeys. The service was in March 2018 at £300.
Macan S - Gentian Blue with lots of nice bits

2japs

Post by 2japs »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:55 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:47 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:10 pm
Generally similar spec to mine , engine excluded ,the 21" wheels are still an option for me and changing the calipers to black is a good move. Much as I would have liked the extended leather and colour stitching I couldn't justify it , if it was in my budget I would rather have opted for the "S" instead.
Out of interest, did you crunch the numbers on a “low spec” S, compared to your T? :)

I see that your T spec is £63,614.

I’d be super happy with this S at “only” £61,722, including 18-way seats. ;)

Lead times could be a factor though, as they were for me in 2015 when I ordered my 2.0 Macan to replace my company car.
I crunched them a few times and got it down to about £2000 above the cost of my "T".
In going for the "T "I'm getting a spec that I want , though not the engine. I'm 70 and realise that I'm not as as bulletproof as I thought I was in my 30's , can still be a hooligan but not so often.
If I'd gone for an "S" I'd have the engine but not the others bits I really wanted. Pano roof - must have, roof rails for my kayak , don't like the unpainted lower half. Also the waiting list on an "S" was about 6 months longer, I think they had 5 "T"'s waiting for allocation and 26 "S"s waiting for allocation.
I’m in a similar boat, S on test was great, I’m 68 in a few weeks and have been quoted 18 months for a new S and can get a T by the end of the year. Not wishing to be macabre but could be dead before delivery!

Second hand ones are crazy money and imo not worth it.

I turned down a cancellation and the S could be on my drive now but wasn’t keen on the spec and colour, basically came with too much I didn’t want and not enough of what I did want.
So I get why you ordered the T
Macan S - Gentian Blue with lots of nice bits
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Deleted